how to dispose cds??

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj27july

Journeyman
how to dispose cds??? i want to dispose my old useless cds. how should i dispose them?? i m thinking of packing them in my dvd write carton and then throwing the carton away in a dust bin away from my home!!! :D:D:D

and i will also erase my name from those cds by the help of a blue/black permanent marker. will this be safe???

i m also getting transferred from the current location to somewhere in punjab. so i will dispose the cds a day before i leave for punjab by the way i earlier mentioned.:D:D:D

what should i do???
has anyone of you got any other idea????
then please tell.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Mujhe bhi yehi wala idea chahiye.:D

@aj27july if you are thinking of throwing them in the dust bin then they can still work.You have to crush or break them.:D

vandit

In the zone
if u got a pet then....hurray.....let em scratch the discs so violently that there are more scratches on the disc then the amt of hair on ur head... or buy a hydraulic crusher....(why waste money on 'em)....

Third Eye

gooby pls
aj27july said:
how to dispose cds??? i want to dispose my old useless cds. how should i dispose them?? i m thinking of packing them in my dvd write carton and then throwing the carton away in a dust bin away from my home!!! :D:D:D

and i will also erase my name from those cds by the help of a blue/black permanent marker. will this be safe???

i m also getting transferred from the current location to somewhere in punjab. so i will dispose the cds a day before i leave for punjab by the way i earlier mentioned.:D:D:D

what should i do???
has anyone of you got any other idea????
then please tell.

Just flush them in toilet.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
It is not just a question of disposing of it, but how to do it in an environmentally friendly way. In our state (Kerala) nowadays people are aware of such issues and there are regulations restricting usage of plastic.
Let us try to dispose of it in such a way that it will get recycled.

apoorv.sharma

Lean mean A@# kickin M/C
dun any of u ppl give a !@# abt the environment...river and all!..sheesh man!..

tech_mastermind said:
Just flush them in toilet.
mister, dun u think ur mom would shout at u the next time ur toilet gets flooded wen someone uses it!...hehe...

47shailesh

Security Exp
CD DVD have polycarbonate plastic as base material which are biodegradeable sp don't afraid of creating soil pollution..

Just crush them and through them out.. and please do no t buy any DVD/CD shredder that's waste of money.. just crush them by good enough... :)

the best thins is that pack all of them in a bag and throw them in garbage...Municipal corporation will take care of the rest...or even a better idea..check a site where some house is being built.usually ppl use lot of soil in low areas..if u dump ur cds there..nothing wrong will happen to ENV..they will be buried under the foundation.....

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
give them to autowallahs
Oh and try scratching and removing the thin waffer material (just for fun) , it will create a mess though..
Oh and Cds make good frisbees

sakumar79

Technomancer
Use them as coffee cup coasters... Originally, CDs that did not burn properly were called coasters because they were of little use for anything else... By using them as coasters, you dont have to dispose them off... Also, you will find innovative uses for cds on the internet for art-from-waste kind usage...

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom