how to display lyrics in winamp like kareoke(this is UNUSUAL SEE THIS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango_cash

In the zone
hi
i recently got some ringtones from my friend among those was "smoothcr[1].mid" when i play it in winamp it shows a lyrics window in which it shows the lyrics of the song smooth criminal by michael jackson.so far it is normal but as soon as the words in the song are spoken(i mean in the real song this is just a midi file) the words get highlited this is amazing i did not install any kind of plugin it just plain winamp5.i think this works on winamp3 also .no plugin and still i see lyrics that to with words getting highlited as the are spoken in the song.and all this time i was not connected to the internet this means the lyrics are kind of embeded in the midi file that to with the capability to highlite the words accordingly.i think u should google the file name, download it, and see for urself.amazing isin't it.now if only someone could tell me how to do it for my song collection.i have attached the file see it.

Last edited:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
I have years back seen this feature in WinAmp or some Media Player. Maybe you
can convert your song to MIDI format and then try playing it with WinAmp.
I think the lyrics were embbeded in the MIDI file. You can read more about MIDI files
here at the following link:
*www.polyhedric.com/software/wavmaker/mid2wav.html

Yes VividLyrics can be used to embed your lyrics in the MIDI files. The lyrics file must
be in the same folder where your Song is and it also must have the same name and
end with '.vl' extension.
Here are some VL Karaoke Song lyrics file for download!!
*www.vividlyrics.com/vlfiles.htm

Last edited:

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
There is a programme called vividlyrics which, I think, does the job of synchronising lyrics of a song and the song. I have not used this one. So experiement yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom