HOW TO DISABLE DOWNLOADING ON MY PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI ALL! I am using broadband from BSNL 250/- plan which permits only 400MB of downloading and uploading. I have some friends who use my PC to browse the net. I have to told them frequently not to download any thing from net but they could not resist. Is there any software or tweaks by which they can browse the internet but can not downloading any thing without my prior permission.
In the wait of some quick and positive responses from ur side,

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
even u r viewing a web page or Chatting on the net... u r downloading & uploading.... so with out download u cant surf...

what u can do is to make IE to not to download any extention rather that web page....

Just got to the minu inder IE.... tools then select Internet option.....

then select the Security Tab

*img381.imageshack.us/img381/5802/16rj.th.jpg

now hit custom lavel

there scrole down to the option downloads.... now disable all of them.....

*img381.imageshack.us/img381/4541/28zr.th.jpg

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
oopss..... this same post is answerd here....

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26935

I said:
hmm well IE does have option to Stop all downloads...

Go to the Tools... Intenet Option... then go to Security Tab.... now click Custom Level for Internet Zone... scorle down to the download section... Disable all download.... OK... then restart IE

*img384.imageshack.us/img384/9377/004bc.th.jpg

next disable the Tools Menu...

[Start] [Run] [Regedit]
Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: ShowInfoTip
Modify/Create the Value Name [ShowInfoTip] according to the Value Data listed below.
Value Data: [0 - ShowInfoTip Disabled / 1 - ShowInfoTip Enabled]
Exit Registry and Reboot

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
@rana: Kindly use the other thread for your queries. Kindly search before posting, and I am locking this thread for now. If, for any reason, you need it unlocked, kindly PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom