How to disable autorun for CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ras

Broken In
How to disable autorun for CD in windows XP?. Also I closed a mutisession CD and in that CD there are other unclosed multisession, I saw it in nero but I cannot read it. How can i read those sessions in XP. I think in win 98 there is an option for selecting volume of disc. but now I haven't 98.

busyanuj

In the zone
How to disable autorun for CD in windows XP?.
right click on My Computer and go to Device Manager under the Hardware tab.
under DVD/CD-ROM drives, select your cdrom drive and go to it's properties. there you will find the option to disable autorun.
[EDIT:] oops sorry man ! i forgot there's no such option in Windows XP, you'll hafta right click on the cd-rom icon under My Computer and change the Autoplay setting for each type of files.
Also I closed a mutisession CD and in that CD there are other unclosed multisession, I saw it in nero but I cannot read it. How can i read those sessions in XP.
try using Alcohol 120% to read those sessions.

vysakh

Padawan
go to my computer and right click your cd drive-->properties.
go the autoplay tab and select take no action for all kinds of files

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
There are five types of CD's that XP can recogonize so, for the each type disable it.

Screenshot:
*img96.exs.cx/img96/4810/untitled9yu.png

swatkat

Technomancer
To view the Multiple Sessions, you can do this.
Go to My Computer. Right Click on any of the Drives and click Properties.
Then go to Hardware tab, and here select the CD Drive in which the CD is present, and click Properties, this will give the Properties of the CD Drive, here click the button Populate to see teh sessions.

If you can not see the sessions even after doing this, you can use ISOBuster to read the sessions.
*www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

OP
R

ras

Broken In
busyanuj said:
right click on My Computer and go to Device Manager under the Hardware tab.
under DVD/CD-ROM drives, select your cdrom drive and go to it's properties. there you will find the option to disable autorun.

There is no option, to disable autorun :roll:

swatkat

Technomancer
Go to the AutoPlay Tab, and select each of the Content type from the drop down list, and click Take no Action and click Apply.
See drgrudge's post above.
There are five different Content Types and you perform the above step five times.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
BTW, will selecting NO-ACTION stop the CDs from auto-running the EXE that the Autorun.inf file mentions in the CD ?

As far as I remember... NO !
The SHIFT option is better for stopping any kind of Autorun popping up

ashisharya

In the zone
type regedit in run box-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom. There will be a file name Autorun. Modify its value to 1. The Auto-Run feature will be disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom