How to dial through Network(LAN)....plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

parthbarot

In the zone
hi..
i have 1 proj on dialing..

phones r connected to SIP gateway,which is connected to LAN...
PCs r in LAN...
with 1 PC 1 phone is configured(CAll CENTRE)....
i have to dial [[[(without any telephony card)]]] from my pc by IP of another PC & call go through LAN & the fone with other PC should ring...
& all info of mine should be on that PC's desktop.....

i have to record also when the phone is picked up....by that user....

plz help... very urgent...

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Lemme try to figure this out. All PCs on a LAN with a connected phone. By connected, do you mean a modem line connection or a VoIP connection? Because if its POTS system you're talking about, you would need at least an intelligent EPABX system in place to route the calls. The only way to actually transfer voice via a LAN is through VoIP, and even then its not technically a "LAN" but more of a VoIP high-capacity, high-bandwidth network in itself.
I dont see how you can type in an IP address, have the phone ring there and then it transfers all your data (whatever that means, I assume you mean normal data and not the entire Desktop as in Remote Desktop) to the called computer.
If you're planning to use a VoIP network, which is the normal way to route calls over an IP-based network, it involves the cost of additional hardware, especially some not-so-cheap VoIP routers/switches. You might want to post a more detailed idea of what it is you ACTUALLY want to accomplish and then maybe we can figure out a concrete POA.

OP
parthbarot

parthbarot

In the zone
ok man
i give u info....

1.here MP124 FSX gateway used to convert analog fones to VoIP fones ...... they use that gateway.has 24 lines..analog fones of call center agents r connected to this gateway...

2.gateway we can access through the network(from LAN) ok?

3.we have all computers in LAN network connected...

4.every phone on GW has diff port...so we can access fones via GW by IP & port...ya?

5.so if we want to access fone via any PC then i thnk we should use socket? to gateway? means networking... & through the GW ok? plz tell this han...

6.then when fone connected ,it rings & all info of caller should be displayed on called PC ok?with one PC one fone is configured means not connected but fix if this is the phone then this must be the PC(IP of PC)...

so plz help me & tell me how i connect to the fone through GW..we have to dial from PC by pressing button..we have to implement this in C# .NET ok?
plz help..very urgent...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom