HOw to Dertemine that SMps is Working fine or not??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
there something going on with my computer like sudden power down or over heat and i suspect psu main cuase for it.pls tell me how to be sure on my assertion.

Journeyman
Inadequacy of your power supply maybe the reason - Can you list out your configuration? and your power rating?

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
ok here i go...
amd athlon 3000+
msi-k8nm00 mobo
256 ddr sd ram(400 mhz)
mercury 300w power supply
sony combo drive
80 gb segate hdd
one fdd
one exhaust fan

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Definatly SMPS i think in this case. Try changing the SMPS with someone from your friend and see if its working good. If yes please this time try getting atleast 400 Watts SMPS with good quality Brand as SMPS is an equal important part of PC as anyother with todays Proccys and mobo's ever demanding and power hungry.

to test the PSU wroking or not
u must short the PSU with a copper wire on 13 and 14 pins considering u have 24pin waala (not sure about correct pin nos)
and then start the PSU

the below is of 20 pin waala (14 15 pins shorted)
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Big_Adam/PSU Project/psu4.jpg

after shorting give it some time to discharge static current
the thng is PSU's they can store a migty charge which really fu*king hurts and can kill. so leave the PSU unplugged overnight to let it discharge.

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Irrespective of whether your SMPS is working or not, the 300W Mercury is not meant for your rig. It was alright with the generation of systems prevalent in the beginning of the new millenium.

So immediately get a good 400W PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom