How To : Delete themes in New Nokia Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Supported SmartPhone Models -
Nokia -
3250, 5500 Sport, 6290, E50, E60, E61, E62, E70, E71, N73, N75, N76, N80, N91, N92, N93, N93i, N95

A lot people seem to be having trouble uninstalling themes on the newer S60v3 Nokia phones.

Here is a guide on how you can delete those theme files and recover valuable space on your Memory Card.

I had used a different method of Trial and Error a long time back, but since then as the problem was global, a lot of people have come up with easy guides to do this. Since i own a Nokia 3250, most of this guide is based on Nokia 3250, which works even on all other phone model with a little bit of change.

1. Connect the Phone to the Computer using the Data Transfer mode. The mode where you can access the Memory Card as a Removable Drive mode.

2. Make sure that Hidden Files and Folders are visible. If they are not, heres how you can enable this option.
Open My Computer and Navigate to
Tools > Folder Options > View > Show hidden files and folders
Check that option and click on apply.

3. In my computer Navigate to your Memory card drive. In the Memory Card, there will be a Hidden folder called Private. Inside that, there will be many folders named with differend numbers and letters. One of these folders contains all the themes inside a folder names import. On 3250, the theme folder is 10207114. Maybe it may be the same folder on the other phons also, if this is not the folder, just search for "Import" and Navigate to that folder.
My Computer > Removable Disk (the memory card) > Private (it's a hidden folder) > 10207114 > Import

4. Inside the Import folder, you will find various folders with names like dc60815d47351ce2. Each of there folder corresponds to one theme.

5. Open each folder and you'll see in the contents 4 files: a settings file, a .mbm file, a .mif file and a .skn file. The 4 files have in their title the theme name.

6. Find the theme you want to delete, and delete the Folder containing the theme.

7. Delete all the themes you want to delete, Eject your Drive .

Thats it, those themes have been deleted now. You have recovered your Space .

If any of you are having any problems deleting the themes, feel free to clear your doubts.

Last edited:
OP
alsiladka

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Fexplorer for S60v3 is currently in a closed Beta testing stage. You have other File managers available like Y-Browser, but you cannot access the Private folder while the Phone is in Online mode.

The only way as of now is using the phone in offline mode :)

tuxfan

Technomancer
I go to theme browser and press the delete key! It doesn't delete the default themes that way but deleted all the other themes that I installed!!

prankie

D PrankMaster
tuxfan said:
I go to theme browser and press the delete key! It doesn't delete the default themes that way but deleted all the other themes that I installed!!

Dude, this method does'nt work on symbi v9.1 fones....
for deletin themes u either have to goto application manager or have to do what alsiladka described...

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
tuxfan said:

Prankie is right. From Symbian 9.1 onwards, everything has to be uninstalled from the App Manager.

However, this App Manager is still quite buggy.

OP
alsiladka

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
About the themes, you can say that they needed something different to make them visible in the App. Manager than the older version themes, which the theme makers must not have been aware of previously.

Babi's every new theme can be uninstalled from the App. manager.

OP
alsiladka

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
pathiks said:
wats babi???

She is a very famous theme creator for Nokia Symbian Phones. Her themes are some of the best themes around.
Check them out over here
www.babinokia.com

babi

Right off the assembly line
alsiladka said:
About the themes, you can say that they needed something different to make them visible in the App. Manager than the older version themes, which the theme makers must not have been aware of previously.

Babi's every new theme can be uninstalled from the App. manager.
It is not a problem with my themes:)
3rd editon has this bug: if you install more than 4 or 5 themes they will no visible on application manager.. I try my themes before post them and I can delete them from application manager...I hope that nokia will fix this bug but for the moment is better if you install only some themes for times.... or delete one before you install another theme...:)
Sorry for my english.. I'm Italian...

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
alsiladka said:
She is a very famous theme creator for Nokia Symbian Phones. Her themes are some of the best themes around.
Check them out over here
www.babinokia.com

Check out Aero's themes, too.

OP
alsiladka

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
babi said:
It is not a problem with my themes:)
3rd editon has this bug: if you install more than 4 or 5 themes they will no visible on application manager.. I try my themes before post them and I can delete them from application manager...I hope that nokia will fix this bug but for the moment is better if you install only some themes for times.... or delete one before you install another theme...:)
Sorry for my english.. I'm Italian...

OMG babi you are actually here!!! Simply cannot believe it!!!
How did you come to know about this forum and that too that we were discussing about you only?

Welcom to Digit Forums, hope you are hang around often :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom