How to delete logical drive & reclaim free space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I was using Win XP with Linux earlier. Linux had created a swap drive of 407MB (h:\). After I formatted my sys., h: appears as logical drive with NTFS file sys. Other drives use FAT 32. I no longer use linux.

Now how do I delete H: and allocate the free space of 407MB to f: (g: is combo drive). If I delete the h: drive thru disk management, 407MB appears as free space. I want to utilise the free space. How do I do that?

laptops4u

Broken In
You may can use Partition magic software which will remove this partition and than u can create windows partition.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Ya as laptops said use any partiton utility like Nrtn Partiton Magic or powerquest Partititon Magic..It will dfntly solve ur problem

nik_for_you

In the zone
after deleting through disk mgmt you can create new partition from it too.
or you can use fdisk utility of 98 bootup disk its very nice

hansraj

In the zone
take a 98 or me bootable disk and in the command prompt give command
fdisk
this will take u to options of deleting all the drives one by one and then do a full format again reassign the drives as u want

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I have tried formatting and deleting the drive thru disk mngmt. What I want is that the free space so created shud be reclaimed by any of the c:, d:, e: or f:. Can this be done by some utility in XP itself as I dont want to download any additional s/w at the moment?

Also the data in any other drive shud not be affected by this...

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
If I use partition magic, will my data on f: be lost? or only free space of 407mb will be added?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom