How to decrease the bitrate for mp3's

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by karthikt85, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karthikt85

karthikt85 New Member

Plz can anyone tell me how do i decrease the bitrate of songs for example from 192 kbps to 128 kbps

2. mehulved

mehulved 18 Till I Die............

Once again Use search feature in the forums. This has been posted around. One such software is dbPowerAmp.

3. h_kunte

h_kunte New Member

There are many softwares available...I fine Sony Sound Forge (6/7/8) the best to work on...It has many many features & supports a lot of formats. SSF also has a feature to convert between different audio formats...

HK

4. mehulved

mehulved 18 Till I Die............

Even dbPowerAmp can convert in various formats.

5. ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888 Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

CAn u guys tell me wats the difference in changin the bitrate ?? Im a total novice to this.I hv seen even my songs been played at 192 kbps and sumtimes i feel jerks (wen the song is changed)..

cheers n e-peace.....

6. deathvirus_me

deathvirus_me New Member

What player do u use .... i never faced such a problem even wth songs at 320 kbps .... This happens if u try to play a song at a bitrate and frequency higher than that it should be .....

Well ... u can use many freeware tool ... like Audacity ... Nero Wave Editor .... but by far my favourite is Soundforge 8.0 ...

7. ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888 Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

deathvirus_me wrote:
    Thanx for ur reply bro, well i use Winamp 5.1 as my audio player. I will surely search for the s/ware tat u recommended me But can u plz enlighten me how to use those s/wares?? are they jus simply conversion tools and simple to use ??

cheers n e-peace....

8. Tushar.bar

Tushar.bar New Member

use cool edit or audition or musicmatch

9. freezer

freezer New Member

You can use ImTOO MPEG Encoder.
    Download it from www.imtoo.com

10. stormgrab

stormgrab New Member

Guys i hav seen many softwares like this but many of them strip away the details of the song lik artist and album name in advanced details...Can anyone tell me a software that retains all these details??

Ya and 1 more thing...does anyone know a software to take out the empty silent minutes from a song?? i kno i can use win mov maker but is there any other way??
    i hav some songs with lik 1 hr of silence in the end...

11. Gauravs90

Gauravs90 geek........

Easy cd da extractor

in this you have the option to retain artist and option to remove the silence.

12. Shasanka_Gogoi

Shasanka_Gogoi New Member

please try out GOLDWAVE. its a shareware. but, will get your job done without registration. and trust me its the simplest software you can have for reducing the bit rate.

however reducing the bitrate of a song is not recommended unless and untill your having storage issues. simply put, a 192 kbps will occupy more space on the drive than a 128 kbps. but than more the bitrate is, more data/ second is stored in the sound file, giving is bettr audio performance and differenciation between the various low and high frequencies. a song wth a lower bitrate wl sound like a radio transmission in older days where all high's and lows blend together and sound very bad.if your having problems while playing than i thnk you should try changing your player as i am asuming that your not playing songs on an extremely slow machine.

thnks...
    -----------------------------------------
    Posted again:
    -----------------------------------------
    please try out GOLDWAVE. its a shareware. but, will get your job done without registration. and trust me its the simplest software you can have for reducing the bit rate.

however reducing the bitrate of a song is not recommended unless and untill your having storage issues. simply put, a 192 kbps will occupy more space on the drive than a 128 kbps. but than more the bitrate is, more data/ second is stored in the sound file, giving is bettr audio performance and differenciation between the various low and high frequencies. a song wth a lower bitrate wl sound like a radio transmission in older days where all high's and lows blend together and sound very bad.if your having problems while playing than i thnk you should try changing your player as i am asuming that your not playing songs on an extremely slow machine.

thnks...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.