How to decrease the bitrate for mp3's

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthikt85

Right off the assembly line
Plz can anyone tell me how do i decrease the bitrate of songs for example from 192 kbps to 128 kbps

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Once again Use search feature in the forums. This has been posted around. One such software is dbPowerAmp.

h_kunte

Journeyman
There are many softwares available...I fine Sony Sound Forge (6/7/8) the best to work on...It has many many features & supports a lot of formats. SSF also has a feature to convert between different audio formats...

HK

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Plz can anyone tell me how do i decrease the bitrate of songs for example from 192 kbps to 128 kbps
CAn u guys tell me wats the difference in changin the bitrate ?? Im a total novice to this.I hv seen even my songs been played at 192 kbps and sumtimes i feel jerks (wen the song is changed)..

cheers n e-peace.....

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
I hv seen even my songs been played at 192 kbps and sumtimes i feel jerks (wen the song is changed)..

What player do u use .... i never faced such a problem even wth songs at 320 kbps .... This happens if u try to play a song at a bitrate and frequency higher than that it should be .....

Well ... u can use many freeware tool ... like Audacity ... Nero Wave Editor .... but by far my favourite is Soundforge 8.0 ...

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
deathvirus_me wrote:
What player do u use .... i never faced such a problem even wth songs at 320 kbps .... This happens if u try to play a song at a bitrate and frequency higher than that it should be .....

Well ... u can use many freeware tool ... like Audacity ... Nero Wave Editor .... but by far my favourite is Soundforge 8.0 ...
Thanx for ur reply bro, well i use Winamp 5.1 as my audio player. I will surely search for the s/ware tat u recommended me But can u plz enlighten me how to use those s/wares?? are they jus simply conversion tools and simple to use ??

cheers n e-peace....

stormgrab

Broken In
Guys i hav seen many softwares like this but many of them strip away the details of the song lik artist and album name in advanced details...Can anyone tell me a software that retains all these details??

Ya and 1 more thing...does anyone know a software to take out the empty silent minutes from a song?? i kno i can use win mov maker but is there any other way??
i hav some songs with lik 1 hr of silence in the end...

Shasanka_Gogoi

In the zone
please try out GOLDWAVE. its a shareware. but, will get your job done without registration. and trust me its the simplest software you can have for reducing the bit rate.

however reducing the bitrate of a song is not recommended unless and untill your having storage issues. simply put, a 192 kbps will occupy more space on the drive than a 128 kbps. but than more the bitrate is, more data/ second is stored in the sound file, giving is bettr audio performance and differenciation between the various low and high frequencies. a song wth a lower bitrate wl sound like a radio transmission in older days where all high's and lows blend together and sound very bad.if your having problems while playing than i thnk you should try changing your player as i am asuming that your not playing songs on an extremely slow machine.

thnks...
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
please try out GOLDWAVE. its a shareware. but, will get your job done without registration. and trust me its the simplest software you can have for reducing the bit rate.

however reducing the bitrate of a song is not recommended unless and untill your having storage issues. simply put, a 192 kbps will occupy more space on the drive than a 128 kbps. but than more the bitrate is, more data/ second is stored in the sound file, giving is bettr audio performance and differenciation between the various low and high frequencies. a song wth a lower bitrate wl sound like a radio transmission in older days where all high's and lows blend together and sound very bad.if your having problems while playing than i thnk you should try changing your player as i am asuming that your not playing songs on an extremely slow machine.

thnks...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom