How to create a Windows 2000 or XP Live CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

anubhav_har

In the zone
Hey ppl.. can someone tell me how I can create Windows 2000 or XP Live CDs like the Linspire Linux or Fedora Live CDs available on the net... I tried using BartPE but could not.. please help..

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
@anubhav_har, What kind poll was that? Dont you know that it's illegal?

Poll deleted

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
anubhav_har said:
Hey ppl.. can someone tell me how I can create Windows 2000 or XP Live CDs like the Linspire Linux or Fedora Live CDs available on the net... I tried using BartPE but could not.. please help..

Hey where do you find a Fedora live CD ?

theraven

Technomancer
its called bart's PE
not exactly a live cd
but close to what u want
check it out and other details here
*www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

OP
A

anubhav_har

In the zone
Sorry guys for a poll that drgrudge said is illegal. If he said so maybe im wrong to post such a poll. But acquiring a Windows XP Live CD is not illegal from my point of view. It is for those ppl who have to recover their systems for crashes i.e. why I wanted a LiveCD for Windows XP or 2000

For a list of live cds we can go to:
*tinyurl.com/7w3ee

OP
A

anubhav_har

In the zone
theraven said:
its called bart's PE
not exactly a live cd
but close to what u want
check it out and other details here
*www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Hey theraven.. I tried making the cd from there but no avail.. can someone gimme a link to a tutorial or page where hows can be explained...

theraven

Technomancer
that is the tutorials page yaar
u have to download that software pebuilder and runi t
then follow the instructions on the page
i think it cmoes wiht a readme as well

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
anubhav_har said:
Sorry guys for a poll that drgrudge said is illegal. If he said so maybe im wrong to post such a poll. But acquiring a Windows XP Live CD is not illegal from my point of view. It is for those ppl who have to recover their systems for crashes i.e. why I wanted a LiveCD for Windows XP or 2000
Did you specify that in your thread? All you said.. do you want this version or not.. it looked as if you are providing some OS. Nevertheless, it's ok now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom