How to convert a black and white photo into a colored one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geek_rohit

In the zone
Now if this has been posted before, sorry I did search and could not find the thread. Anyways I have some B&W pics. How can I convert them into color? The software in reference is Adobe Photoshop.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
I can do that for you...
But don't expect the results to be perfect....
I have only coloured human images before.... but colouring a car should be easy...

G

gxsaurav

Depends on various factors

I have done this many tims in my insti (part of studies)we even made the pic of one of my class mates parents marrrige (22 years old, b&w) colored

Show me the pic with the information of what was of what color, like what was the color of car, & anything surrounding it

cheetah

In the zone
My Art

U CAN USE BLACK MAGIC IMAGE COLOURISATION SOFTWARE.DOWNLOAD IT BY SEARCHING ON GOOGLE AS I DONT HAVE THE EXACT LINK.ITS EASY TO USE.

I have coloured few pics.I have done in Corel Photopaint.

1. Select An Area.
2.Add new mask
3. Fill The mask with colour.
4. Set opacity of the new mask as it seems to be the picture is already in colour.

Here are some samples.The Oxford university pic has been coloured using the BLACK MAGIC TOOL.

*www.geocities.com/cheetahnetonline/arnoldc.jpg

*www.geocities.com/cheetahnetonline/devc.jpg

*www.geocities.com/cheetahnetonline/oxfordc.jpg

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
good work lovedeep ..
the arnold one looks especially good !
*img97.exs.cx/img97/9357/thumbsup3iq.gif*img97.exs.cx/img97/9357/thumbsup3iq.gif

-----
alibi

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
I agree, alib_i. Arnie colored pic looks more original than da real one :shock:

Where did u learn it "lovedeep"?

I mean... did u do it the tougher way... by selectin...color maskin..selectin... or some easy way... or SoftWare used....

great_manish

Journeyman
i got an idea :idea: :idea: :idea:

lets hold a private competition... i will provide a b/w photo and lets see who colors it the best...no prizes to be won though only some respect. :lol: :lol:

anybdy interedted???

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
cool work there dude

u can colour da photosho by using da hue/saturaion option in da photoshop.
Hope i will write a tut for it soon :p
smooth has posted da link there u can see da change eye colour tut and follow dat u can change da colour ;)

.:: peace ::..
Jeba

OP
geek_rohit

geek_rohit

In the zone
Waiting for that tut Jeba. One more thing could you please PM me after you are done with the TUT. I loved the vampire TUT of yours. (The one with SRK turned into a vamp) ;) Nice work. And thanks to all for your ideas. BTW I still havn't converted my pics, as I havn't got my hands on a scanner. The moment I get one. Then will scan it and try to colorize it. If any problems will ask it here. Till then keep the ideas coming. Though none of you have given a procedure to do it in Photoshop, we can convert a color into a Black and White through saturate command but the vice versa is not possible through a command! Any other way?
Nice idea great_manish. This way we can see more of the work from the other diGiters. Keep'em coming fellas.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Try this forum :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=124979#124979

*img118.exs.cx/img118/4362/bwcolorconversion8006zt.jpg

My method in PhotoShop is to color each object individually using hue/saturation & enhance whatever part i want. Of course.. my perfection helps.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
geek_rohit said:
vice versa is not possible through a command! Any other way?

If you want to do the vice versa i.e. colout to b/w it's easy. open the colour image in photoshop ctrl+a to select the complete image then copy (ctrl+c).

now start a new document and here instead of starting it as rgb use greyscale then just say paste (ctrl+v).
You have you b/w image ready ;)

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

T

Tux

great_manish said:
i got an idea :idea: :idea: :idea:

lets hold a private competition... i will provide a b/w photo and lets see who colors it the best...no prizes to be won though only some respect. :lol: :lol:

anybdy interedted???

Yeah I am. Y don't we all use the same B&W photo & see who's the best

Re: How to convert a black and white photo into a colored on

geek_rohit said:
Now if this has been posted before, sorry I did search and could not find the thread. Anyways I have some B&W pics. How can I convert them into color? The software in reference is Adobe Photoshop.

why u need that?
just to stole avatars of others make them b\w or coloured then use it!!
Am I right like you avatar is choosen from ferrari(tech arena)
why cant u use your own avatar!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom