How to connect two PC's using Modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
I got two PC's with internal modems but no LAN cards and want to connect them. Is there a way to connect the tw oPC's using the modem. I want to know the whole procedure for exchanging files on the two PC's.

sohummisra

Broken In
I suggest you buy a two-way USB-cable which will be much easier and faster. i'm not sure if it can be done with modems. i knwo you can share a dialup connection if the comps are connected already (by a hub or p2p). sorry.!

theraven

Technomancer
yeah but ur gonna have to use ur phone lines
and thats gonna cost ya !!
get 2 lan cards .. they'll cost .. what ... 300 bucks each ...
cheaper option
if ur still adamant
u can use hyper terminal and dial the other computer ...
ofcourse it'll use 2 different lines

aliasghark

who? what?
It is too much trouble trying to connect two PCs with modems. But I have a two-way USB cord, I am not able to connect the PCs still. Both use Win XP. Can anyone give a detailed explanation how to connect the PCs? I also have LAN cards on both PCs. How do i connect using these?

nil_3

In the zone
Is it really possible to connect two PCs with a two-way USB cord for transfer of data?

mediator

Technomancer
CAREFUL! Dont blow up the usb slots of the pc's using 2 way usb cable! U need bridged(crossover) usb cable to do that!
To connect pc's using modem is fairly simple...using hyperterminal!

abhinavrakesh

Broken In
Your Answer

Hey bizzare_blue dont ask how to connect two computers through modem. The Right Question is HOW CAN I DO HACKING FROM MY DIAL-UP CONNECTION TO OTHER COMPUTER USING DIAL-UP CONNECTION.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
abhinav, you made me curious. What did you have in mind?? Could you elaborate??

eddie

El mooooo
This link explains how to do it without using your phone line
*www.jagshouse.com/modem.html
As you can see, you need to simulate the electrical environment to fake the dial tone. If you can manage to get the electrical stuff working, you might have a bit of luck using HperTerminal to get files across to another system. Mind you...this connection will be SLOW. Just like dial-up.

abhinavrakesh

Broken In
Your Answer

It's Illegal Too Well i give you some sort of idea

try to connect to a modem by using it's number (There are two numbers
1 Given by your ISP to connect to internet
2 The number generated by modem to connect to another ISP on Internet for Information Exchange Find This Number and you can directly connect to the computer through 5050 or any other port of the modem which is open at the time. now you can copy any data from victim computer by consuming his/her bandwidth.

Dont ask me how to know the number. It's Illegal Try Find it Yourself On Internet you may find it on some Underground Black Sites

mediator

Technomancer
@abhinavrakesh
1. the no. has a name => IP address
2. Modem dont have open ports...well routers do have!
3. In this era,u cant achieve anything by just knowing the open ports of a system!

So i guess the topic for this thread is appropriate and for hacking with dial up thing where u urself dont have the B/W....how can u crack other system unless u r highly skilled?

abhinavrakesh

Broken In
Your Answer

Hey In House Geek, Can You Tell Me How Many Ports Are There In Any Computer If You Know This You Can Talk With Me Otherwise See Yaaa!!!

abhinavrakesh

Broken In
And

And One Other Thing Don't Ever Tell In Front Of AnyOne That You Have Some Open Ports. If Someone is Out There Lisnening You He or She May Screw You Badly

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
what do you do abhinav? You are a computer student. Where? Which course?

Well, just curious. You seem to know a LOT!

abhinavrakesh

Broken In
M.Tech in (Information Technology & Applied Computer Sciences)

Currently Working for (GE CountryWide) as Technical Support Executive & Computer Security Department

mediator

Technomancer
@abhinavrakesh....dont get angry dude...u cud have made single post in reply! PEACE!
Neway i dont have open ports but my system does have and i know what it means.......U asked me No. of ports huh? Common! I dont wanna start a fight over here!
Sure u may be doing MTECH....but in ma college even ma PH.d sir sometimes takes some help from me ( Now dats what i call apni badayi khud karna...huh isnt it ?).

And 1 tip google about open ports ...see da defination....understand it and then post here if u really got the solution or some question!

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Re: Your Answer

abhinavrakesh said:
It's Illegal Too Well i give you some sort of idea

try to connect to a modem by using it's number (There are two numbers
1 Given by your ISP to connect to internet
2 The number generated by modem to connect to another ISP on Internet for Information Exchange Find This Number and you can directly connect to the computer through 5050 or any other port of the modem which is open at the time. now you can copy any data from victim computer by consuming his/her bandwidth.

Dont ask me how to know the number. It's Illegal Try Find it Yourself On Internet you may find it on some Underground Black Sites

sorry sir i beg to disagree with all this jargon. two numbers .... modem generated numbers ..... er am i missing a step here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom