how to compress a movie with divx or any other codec or soft

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango_cash

In the zone
hi, i recently got some movies with extremely low memory size.they were PRETTY WOMAN-700 MB, 50 FIRST DATES-300MB. i want to know how i can convert my existing movies which are in .DAT FORMAT and videos to such a small size .. i would like to say that PRETTY WOMAN movie did not have any quality loss IT WAS LIKE WATCHING A DVD.both the movies were in avi format. i have g-spot ,i also have nimo codec pack,divx,k-lite codecs but i do not know how to compess or WHICH SOFTWARE TO USE. pleasE help

swatkat

Technomancer
u can use Dr DivX to compress AVI files. All you need to do is select the AVI file, specify output quality and get it compressed!!
*www.divx.com/divx/drdivx/

Here's a How To:-
*www.divx.com/divx/drdivx/guides/file.php

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
if u got only 200mb free.. on ur workin drive.. then i think u can do nuthin @ all.. as some storage space is required 4 convertin the movies... atleast 500-700mb... buy a CD..DVD riter yaar...

zuhaib

Broken In
re compress

dr div x will do but remem,ber the cd becomes very sensitive on compression so dont put any scratch over that.it compresses three times the size

zuhaib

Broken In
re compress

dr div x will do but remem,ber the cd becomes very sensitive on compression so dont put any scratch over that.it compresses three times the size

theraven

Technomancer
Re: re compress

zuhaib said:
what are u talkin abt ?
plz explain :?:

prasathvishnu

Broken In
Dr. Divx is good. But too slow.

Instead use divx codec in some other s/w .
The best conversion s/w i have used is WinAVI video convertor.

Convert to any type. Lot of options.
Choose any codec. Divx will do good.
The speed is of best of all.
the entire dvd can converted within 90 mins for 352*288 format.

Its not free s/w. 30day evaluation is available in the site.
www.winavi.com

All the best

-Vishnu-

SHell

Broken In
Hey tango_cash do search the forum before posting.
There r a lot of threads already on this topic. :? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom