How to Completely Uninstall a Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashman

Right off the assembly line
How to Completely Uninstall a Software?

I need a Software that completely uninstalls a program/software in such a way as if it was never installed on the system. It removes all the traces of the software from every where in the system.

It does its work so cleanly that if an expert also want to find out that if the software was installed previously or not then he can not find it.

Thanks in Advance.

Ashman

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
It seems that U want to use a trial version software again & again. ;)
If so forget about that coz that's not possible until U install ur OS again.

Any way this will help U.

OP
A

ashman

n2casey said:

No Thats not what i want. For that google is there as every one knows.

But the problem is something else.

If u know about some software like this plz tell.

Thanks again.

RaghuKL

Swalpa Adjust Maadi
try advanced uninstaller pro
very good program can do everything u wanted + other things

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
First uninstall the program from ADD/REM PROGS. Then delete all directories associated with the program's name if found in any drive's directory. Now do this step only if you are an experienced user with the CD/DVD of Windows.

Goto Start=>Run

Type regedit.exe

Browse it and delete all registry entry associated with the program's name.

Warning: If u delete windows' any registry key, u will not be able to recover it and windows will fail to load. In this case you will have to reinstall windows!

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
The BEST way to completely uninstall the software will be, Make an image of system drive before installing it and when u want to uninstall it, just restore the image :D

qq2113

Absolute Uninstaller is similar to standard Windows Add/Remove program but more powerful. Completely remove all files and registry keys of an application with simple clicks.

*www.tomdownload.com/utilities/uninstallers/absolute_uninstaller.htm

Download site:
*www.flydownloads.com/download/utilities/uninstaller-29246.exe

vavinashraju

Broken In
i am unable to uninstall the .msi files left by some of the programs .....i can uninstall programs easily but some of these games leave there .msi files there only what should if u people can help in any way........thanks in advance
there is a long list of these .msi files in my add/remove programs list

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
RaghuKL said:
try advanced uninstaller pro
very good program can do everything u wanted + other things

Yah, it has got an installation monitor which when kept 'on' during an installation will keep track of all the changes made by the software being installed, by keeping a log of it.
Later, instead of unistalling the software and searchig for registry entries, Run it and it will remove all traces of the software left on your system.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
n2casey said:

No, it is possible without re-installing the OS....... But I cannot explain it here.... and NO I'm not talking about patched (cracked) applications. You can completely remove the software and all the files registry entries etc. and re-run the trial again. But remember, that it is illegal.

Anyways, as the thread starter did not mean it (at least he said he didn't mean it, but i'm not so sure, heeh), so lets talk about removing the program completely. Listen friend, it is virtually impossible to uninstall a large program (which has a large number of registry entries and large no. of files in different locations) unless you monitor the places of file and registry entries with registry monitors and file monitors during installation, otherwise, it is (almost) impossible to do so. coz u dont know where the program puts its entries in........

But if you mean to rerun the trial, then i can help, but not in public....

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
khattam_ said:
No, it is possible without re-installing the OS....... But I cannot explain it here....
I know it is possible & I can do it but the thing which can be discussed in public is reinstalling the OS.

khattam_ said:
Listen friend, it is virtually impossible to uninstall a large program (which has a large number of registry entries and large no. of files in different locations) unless you monitor the places of file and registry entries with registry monitors and file monitors during installation, otherwise, it is (almost) impossible to do so. coz u dont know where the program puts its entries in........

It seems that u didn't take a look at the link which I have provided, it explains how to monitor the changes made by a s/w during installation.

rajasekharan

Youngling
Hi mate . . If you are looking for a software that lets you restore windows just as it was deleting all installation ,reg files all files saved . Go to projectw.org and search under "tech basement". I found one there. Dont remember the name. I will give it to you tomorrow night with full details on what that s/w does. :). With that you can mess up reg. Install any thing . When you reboot system will be as new as u left it :). Perfect 4 testers
Better . . Make a post there in "tech basement" with the contents as i said . You will get that s/w name. I cant be online till tomorrow night :-( . Else i would have helped you in the morning itself. Me for a journey tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom