How to compile a .reg file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
How to compile a .reg file so that i can share my registry hacks wth my frnds? I pmed Vishal Gupta but he has not replied yet.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Sorry for not replying coz my Inbox was full of PMs and I wasnt able to reply all of them. :(
Regarding to compiling the reg file, the best way is to export the desired code from regedit.
Otherwise, open any registry file, as pathiks suggested and change the required values, like key names, value names, etc and save it. :)

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Vishal Gupta said:
Sorry for not replying coz my Inbox was full of PMs and I wasnt able to reply all of them. :(
Regarding to compiling the reg file, the best way is to export the desired code from regedit.
Otherwise, open any registry file, as pathiks suggested and change the required values, like key names, value names, etc and save it. :)
OK. Suppose a key doesn't exist so can a .reg file create it?

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
pathiks said:
yup... just double click the reg file and the data in it ll b imported to the registry...
Syntax Buddu Syntax. I mean how to write a new key to a .reg file. :razz:

uchiha.sasuke

Journeyman
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"DisableTaskMgr"=dword:00000000

This is the key for enabling key task manager if it has been disabled by some means mostly my worms and trojan.........now taking it as a example.....
here DisableaskMgr named key value creates in this case with value data "o" in case of decimal integers of dword type...........now this .reg file automatically create this value.....and in case if its already there then in dat case this reg file changes its value to the one given in the file.........

Hope this 'll help u some...........if not then feel free to ask agn...................:):):)

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
uchiha.sasuke said:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"DisableTaskMgr"=dword:00000000

This is the key for enabling key task manager if it has been disabled by some means mostly my worms and trojan.........now taking it as a example.....
here DisableaskMgr named key value creates in this case with value data "o" in case of decimal integers of dword type...........now this .reg file automatically create this value.....and in case if its already there then in dat case this reg file changes its value to the one given in the file.........

Hope this 'll help u some...........if not then feel free to ask agn...................:):):)
thanks. reps when possible :D :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom