how to click OK here

Status
Not open for further replies.

nix

well this is one strange problem...i have this window open and its long ok...i need to close it by clicking OK but the OK button is not in the screen..its somewhere down...i cant pull up the window too....wat do i do now..see the screenshot
*img163.imageshack.us/img163/2742/untitled11tz.th.jpg

sakumar79

Technomancer
Three things to try... First, in many cases, OK is the default button, meaning that if you press enter key, u are likely to get OK pressed. Problem is that u cant see some of the entries below. Second alternative is to use tab key to blindly move and press Spacebar. By trial and error u may get the OK after n times depending on the number of fields that u cannot see. Same problem as alternative 1. Third alternative is to temporarily increase ur display from 1024x768 (?) to something with more pixels vertically. This may not be possible depending on ur monitor/vga card. (preferable to reduce the adapter refresh rate to 60 Hz before trying it). The problem will be readability of the text.

Sometimes, programs can be exasperating... It is not really very difficult to change the program code to have a scrollbar, so why dont they use one? Ive seen even a couple of very popular software that had similar problems.... :cry:

Hope this helps
Arun

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Try shortening the window height by mouse and see if u can shorten it enough.
Else, try hitting "enter" key. Sometimes the ok button is made a default key.
Or try to keep pressing tab till you get the focus changes back to the first text box. Then do a "shift+tab" and press enter. If it cancels, then it is a cancel button. Do shift+tab twice and try again.
Or try increasing your screen resolution. This way more of the form will be shown on screen.
That's bad form design by the developer.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
change the resolution to very high and click OK then again change the resolution to whta you have been using.........

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Hit Alt+sapce then hit M Now u will be able to move the window move it till u see OK button . Need i tell any further

sakumar79

Technomancer
kumarmohit said:
Hit Alt+sapce then hit M Now u will be able to move the window move it till u see OK button . Need i tell any further

I dont think this will work. I have tried in another program. Problem is that as soom as u try to move the window (even if u use arrow keys instead of mouse), the cursor shifts to the top window handle. Then, it is impossible to move the handle completely out of the screen...

If u do get this to work, let me know how...

Arun

OP
nix

nix

hitting the enter key didnt work.
i appreciate all of your intrest...but none of it worked.
i tried to increase screen resolution first by making the refresh rate lowest. but still i cant increase resolution. i tried to reduce no of colors too, but that couldnt help to increase resolution either. is ther any other way to increase screen res?

second, i dont think there's a OK or a CANCEL button. coz when i press tab and go thru all fields. if i press the TAB key with the last field highlighted...then it comes back to the first field. i can go from first field to last field and vice versa but theres nothing in between them. the first field is "city name" and the last one is "DLS time rule" (see screenshot).
ALT+M thing didnt work too. it happened just as sakumar79 said.

sakumar79

Technomancer
BTW, is that World Clock Pro widget from Konfabulator? I just downloaded the current version and I am able to view the full custom location menu in 1024x768 res. Plus, it has OK and Cancel buttons.

Reg. screen res, go to Display->Settings->Advanced. In Adapter tab, u prob will get "list all modes".

Noticed one thing in the widget - Before u make changes, if u press tab, it switches between OK and Cancel buttons but does not go to other parts of the form. Once you select the main form area, Tab does not go to the OK/Cancel buttons... WEIRD!!! Hopefully, if u inform this to the creators of the software (Konfab and WCPro), u might get this issue solved...

Hope that helps...
Arun

suhasingale

Journeyman
Here is the best way u can clik your OK button.
Follow the steps below.
1) Wen u have dat long window on your desktop hold ALT and press space.
2)Window Option menu will popup in the left.
3) Then select MOVE option uasing arrow keys
4) start moving the window up using the arrow keys and press enter at one position.

OP
nix

nix

yea , thats world clock pro widget.
sakumar79, as you said, i saw list all modes but 1024 X 768 is the highest res in the list. and how come you can see the OK button? are you sure you have 1027 768 res? thats strange. i also wrote to the developers but they said- "I don't think there is anything you can do to get around this. If you can set a higher screen resolution, that would help."

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi nix,

Why dont u set a higher resolution than that, if at all ur graphics adapetr supports and then try to locate it....?

U can resize the window by dragging it right...?

Regards,
Ramprasad

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
nix said:
hitting the enter key didnt work.
i appreciate all of your intrest...but none of it worked.
i tried to increase screen resolution first by making the refresh rate lowest. but still i cant increase resolution. i tried to reduce no of colors too, but that couldnt help to increase resolution either. is ther any other way to increase screen res?

second, i dont think there's a OK or a CANCEL button. coz when i press tab and go thru all fields. if i press the TAB key with the last field highlighted...then it comes back to the first field. i can go from first field to last field and vice versa but theres nothing in between them. the first field is "city name" and the last one is "DLS time rule" (see screenshot).
ALT+M thing didnt work too. it happened just as sakumar79 said.

>>Right click on desktop and choose properties
>>Click on Settings Tab
>>Select the screen resolution as 1024x768 and try..........

OP
nix

nix

khattam...current res on my comp is 1024X768. i cant increse more than that. resizing too didnt work. i guess there isnt anyting that can be done now that all is tried
too bad

sakumar79

Technomancer
nix said:
yea , thats world clock pro widget.
sakumar79, as you said, i saw list all modes but 1024 X 768 is the highest res in the list. and how come you can see the OK button? are you sure you have 1027 768 res? thats strange. i also wrote to the developers but they said- "I don't think there is anything you can do to get around this. If you can set a higher screen resolution, that would help."

yes, i have checked and screen res is 1024 x 768. Is it possible u are using large fonts? Go to display settings, select font size normal... I tried and set my font size large and I got the screen that u are getting. So this should solve ur problem... (Another thing is that I am using 17" monitor. I dont think that can cause the change...)

Should solve ur problem now...
Arun

vipul

Broken In
You can also make it by hiting ALT+(The Key Of Button) means in standard application you get (K) which is also underlined for Ok and its also applied to all buttons eg for Apply if A is underlilned give Alt+A...

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
nix said:
khattam...current res on my comp is 1024X768. i cant increse more than that. resizing too didnt work. i guess there isnt anyting that can be done now that all is tried
too bad
I wonder what the hell the proggy is about and who the hell made it and what for....... Can we have it??

sakumar79

Technomancer
khattam - the actual program is called Konfabulator - the World Clock Pro is a "widget" - appears to be like Konfab is a programming interface and WCPro is one of many "programs" available. The widgets themselves look cool but the forms for the preferences dont have good tabbing facility.

As per my previous post, the problem appears to be font size being set to large.

Arun

OP
nix

nix

yeah sakumar79, you've nailed the problem.
actually when i first started using 1024X768 resolution, i had increased the DPI from the normal 96 to 120. thats why i couldnt see the OK buttons...now its back to96 and i can see the buttons...thanks for the help dudes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom