How to check the speed of RAM???

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hello Friends!

I have a computer with Pentium II 400 Mhz Prosessor, Intel 810 Chipset Motherboard with two RAM DIMM installed, one of 128 MB & the other of 32 MB, which makes a total of 160 MB.

My motherboard only supports 66 MHz & 100 Mhz RAM. The problem is I am not able to check weather both RAM are of the same speed and what is the speed. I have a feeling that the RAM sticks are not compatable with eachother.

Is there any way to check the speed and comatability of both RAM sticks. Moreover, incase if both the RAM are of different speed, is it going to create any problem to the computer.

Please help me.

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Most of the bios information is inaccurate.
But why do u feel that they are incompatible
If your system is booting properly n running stably without restarts n hangups then everything must be fine.
Just for the sake of it the internet is loaded with system benchmarking utilities which mostly include
memory benchmarks which can tell you the exact specks of your ram modules.Google it or go to download.com.
But even these programs may not be very acurate.
If you wanna know 100% then note down the details printed on the memory modules which may be model no n other details.
Now get the info from the respective vendors website ...ie hyundai,kingston etc.

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
what mother board do you have???

If you find it difficult to locate it in bios then try the link given by Kalpik. If you using that tool you have to remove one ram and check the speed and then put another ram and remove the ram which you already checked the speed.

Regards...

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Umm just to clarify, CPUZ gives info about each RAM module independantly! So no need to take out RAM modules!

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Thanks Kalpik! But the problem is that whenever I try the software recommended by you, it gives me all details about the hardware including the capacity of both RAM modules, but not their speeds or their frequency. Now what should I do.

ishaan

Padawan
go to START>RUN and type:

dxdiag

then a window will open up and it says ur system information...theres a thing wich sez memory too...so see if its ur combined ram or jus one of em

OP
go4saket

go4saket

By the way, if both RAM stick are of different speeds or frequency, is it going to hamper the performance of the computer. If one stick is of 66 MHz and the other of 100 MHz, is it that both will start working at the speed of the slower one or is it going to hang the computer.
Actually after changing the RAM, my computer has become a bit unstable. Please guide...

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
*img361.imageshack.us/img361/3694/untitled8xp.jpg

*img361.imageshack.us/img361/1466/untitled22ps1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom