How to check problem in my system or from BSNL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikasg03

Journeyman
From last evening suddenly internet is not working. in dsl router login under diagonstic tab last three options shows FAIL status. ping is working only to default gateway. I just change my passwords of portal id.
Vikas
Jayanagar
Bangalore

OP
vikasg03

vikasg03

Journeyman
What is a min req. for snr margin so that internet can work. My net is not working and my

SNR Margin Downstream 7.1 Upstream 19.8 Db shows in statistics->adsl

What to do for increased this.

Vikas

azhad

Right off the assembly line
Hi Vikas, if you can ping the gateway that means your ADSL modem is working fine. A 6dB downstream margin is good enough to maintain the current speed at which your modem is currently connected.

Nothing much we can do about SNR usually. An exception is if your telephone is noisy. The BSNL people can help you with that too.

Most probably the issue is from the BSNL (ISP) side. So call them up. I hope it works out soon.

last three options shows FAIL status. ping is working only to default gateway. I just change my passwords of portal id.
Vikas.

Hi Vikas,

I think it is best if you call BSNL. If you would like more help, please paste the diagnostics log as we can't tell which the three failed options are.

Also my above answer assumed the gateway was the BSNL gateway. If by gateway you mean your modem, then the fault could be different.

And since you recently changed passwords, it could be anything at fault. Please call BSNL and tell them all this. They'd be better equipped to help you.

Hope it works soon.
Azhad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom