1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

how to check lan card

Discussion in 'Networking' started by vikasg03, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vikasg03

vikasg03 New Member

hy
    when i attach net cable to my in-build lan card and configure all ip,subnet,dns etc in windows xp proff. edition. the lan card icon display in systray but show only no of sent packets. My receive packets=0. and color of blinking lan card light is only orange. when i ping any ip message cames "request time out". Is this a problem of my lan card or problem from my Internet provider side. How to check whether my lan card working properly or not

vikas

2. imported_dheeraj_kumar

imported_dheeraj_kumar New Member

i think its with your provider, as, if the provider is working, the led glows green(at least with mine) dunno abt your card, just trying to help

3. champ_rock

champ_rock champ_rock

Somewhere on the earth , near the equator
    i think that it is not properly connected........ try to removw it and then attach it again

4. OP
    OP
    vikasg03

vikasg03 New Member

Thanks but my problem solve now. I also serach this problem on net and i found one thing if the distance between hub and pc is more than 100 meter than links tends to week and network not working. Finally provider attach one hub just before my lan card and now network start and work fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.