Status
Not open for further replies.

mrintech

Technomancer
How to change Web Host? Indexing Errors Too

Hey friends,

Need Help :D

I gotta site *tech-baby.co.cc

Right now it's on freehostia and I am searching for a paid host and hopefully i will find one :D

I want to ask that how this can be possible when I switch the host all the posts will remain with same post date and also no effect on google results:confused:

Kindly guide me with the procedure of changing host. I will be grateful to you

- Wishes :D

Last edited:

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
AFAIK
Most host (paid ones)will be able to help you in the migration, so choose one who can help u in this.
You need to backup of mysql tables & then import them at the new host that will restore all your data along with post & comments.

Nice blog you have I will visit often.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
1. You will need to manually upload the files after downloading it from old server
2. Export DB and then import it on new DB
3. Change Wordpress Config files with new DB details (if changed)....change the URL Path in Wordpress DB i guess
4. Change Namesevers for new host

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^No, cause you have a database driven website.

Aslo, backup your logs and mails!

Previously, you will have to use FTP for transferring files since the domain propagation may not be in effect. Use DNS servers of OpenDNS for your internet connection as DNS server change propagates faster. Don't wait for a last day, shift in advance 4-5 daysso that you have enough time to fix things if they get screwed. Send HTTP 503 status code that shall tell crawlers that the service is temporarily unavailable and that they must visit after some time, else they might take the 404 error(if any) seriously and that may affect your search enegine traffic!

Last edited:
OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
I gotta doubt :confused:

Here's my sitemap Link: *techbaby.co.cc/sitemap.xml

I am getting following errors in Google Webmaster tools:
*i35.tinypic.com/in8sxx.png
*i37.tinypic.com/2mq47i9.png
*i38.tinypic.com/vfb4av.png
*i34.tinypic.com/25zrq00.png

Why Google is considering Tags? Also How to remove these errors? Is it possible to eliminate all the above errors using robots.txt? Please help

Also Google Index is including Tags also, but there are No Tags in my Site map. How to eliminate TAGS as I read that TAGS will result in Duplicate content

Pls help

link for robots.txt of my site: *tech-baby.co.cc/robots.txt

Last edited:

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
With that contents, you don't even need robots.txt file. You can safely delete it. To stop the tag pages from being indexed, you can include the following code in your theme's header.php before <body> tag.
Code:
<?php if(is_tag()) { ?>
<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW">
<?php } >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom