How to change the idle time??

Status
Not open for further replies.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
Just a small basic question guys...

The login screen in a networked environment..be it XP or 2k,
i want to change the timings so that the login screen comes up after 10minutes of inactivity...

??

puja399

In the zone
grinning_devil said:
Just a small basic question guys...

...although the question seems to be not directed to me, but perhaps u can do it from 'Power Options' (powercfg.cpl), system standby ---> and checking 'Prompt for password...' in 'Advanced Tab'

OP
G

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
lol.. i never thought that i wud see a gurl in a place like this... and i always thought of some guy enjoying his time by a gurls ID...!!

well the solution u said wud work,but only after making the PC enter standby mode..i dont want it.
Thanx for the reply though...

Anyways have found a workaround .. through screensaver..have set the time as 10mins and enabled the option "ask for password" .. so kindof working for me!

eddie

El mooooo
If you don't want to run screensaver then another way can be by running a scheduled task which runs after 10 minutes of idle time. The task to run would be
Code:
%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation

As far as Puja's comment about the way the question is asked, I must say that a similar situation arose a few months ago on Linux Users Group, Delhi as well. We all were told to read the following document.
*www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Encourage-Women-Linux-HOWTO/
Even though it is related to Linux and has been written by LinuxChix group but it still is very relevant to the general technology environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom