1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

How to change the idle time??

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by grinning_devil, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grinning_devil

grinning_devil New Member

Just a small basic question guys...

The login screen in a networked environment..be it XP or 2k,
    i want to change the timings so that the login screen comes up after 10minutes of inactivity...

??

2. puja399

puja399 New Member

...although the question seems to be not directed to me, but perhaps u can do it from 'Power Options' (powercfg.cpl), system standby ---> and checking 'Prompt for password...' in 'Advanced Tab'

3. OP
    OP
    grinning_devil

grinning_devil New Member

lol.. i never thought that i wud see a gurl in a place like this... and i always thought of some guy enjoying his time by a gurls ID...!!

well the solution u said wud work,but only after making the PC enter standby mode..i dont want it.
    Thanx for the reply though...

Anyways have found a workaround .. through screensaver..have set the time as 10mins and enabled the option "ask for password" .. so kindof working for me!

4. eddie

eddie El mooooo

If you don't want to run screensaver then another way can be by running a scheduled task which runs after 10 minutes of idle time. The task to run would be
    Code:
    %windir%\system32\rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation 
    As far as Puja's comment about the way the question is asked, I must say that a similar situation arose a few months ago on Linux Users Group, Delhi as well. We all were told to read the following document.
    http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Encourage-Women-Linux-HOWTO/
    Even though it is related to Linux and has been written by LinuxChix group but it still is very relevant to the general technology environment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.