How to capture in compressed avi

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirates1323

In the zone
I had beforely installed some software or codec........I don't remember.......through which I can capture directly into compressed avi in T.V tuner. Now I have installed divx pro.. and dr.divx.....can I capture my T.V programs into compressed avi.......or any software....I don't know if it had been discussed earlier........... :roll:

NikhilVerma

Padawan
There must be a option in your TV veiwing software...
To set the format of saved files... Just select divx from there....

Which software are you using??

Sourabh

Laptoping
one can use Chris Tv and MediaPortal 0.1.0.8 with the right plugins to capture in most formats

with Dr Divx u can select the capture from camera or video device option, set the settings, and give the time duration of the clip u want to catch and record it in divx as per ur requirements

OP
pirates1323

pirates1323

In the zone
NO No No I want any codec of compressed avi not chris tv.........it sucks...........I have frontech T.V tuner card.........in this I can only record in uncompressed avi..........this eats all my hard disk..........so any add ons......or something...not softwares actually...........

G

gxsaurav

No matter which tv uner card U got, it must be using a software to view TV, Frontech mostly gives WinDVR, so in this case WinDVR will be your TV Viewing software

plz tell us the software U use, chrisTV, Media Portal are such, I use media portal 0.1.10 & record the TV in DivX Format with 4 MB Bitrate & 640X480 after that depending on requirment I process it under post production

U are advised to leave the properity software from frontech, as it will be limited on features, if possible & working go for WinDVR even that's good as it can compress to high quality mpeg2

OP
pirates1323

pirates1323

In the zone
I have installed InterVideo WinDVR 3, it is now set to:

[NTSC DVD]
Format: MPEG-2 DVD

Audio:
Format: Dolby Digital
Sampling Rate: 48.0 kHz 16-bit Stereo
Bit Rate: 384 KBits/sec

Video:
Size: 720x480
Frame Rate: 29.97 frames/sec
Bit Rate: 7200 KBits/sec

Total:
Bit Rate: 7878 KBits/sec
File split size : 4063 MBytes.
Total record time : 150 minutes

Is this OK or if I need to change because record time is only 150 min...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom