how to buy 100 dollars laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saharika

In the zone
i have heard lots of 100 dollars loptop...
i have also heard that some people have got it as complimetary or test samples or even bought one...

so how can i buy that 100 dollars loptop..
what is the eligibility or procedure..
any way we can use...
just to see how it looks and feel..and works
thanks

=CrAzYG33K=

Journeyman
Question : How to buy a 100 Dollar Laptop

Answer : Ofcourse ,with 100 dollars :D (How else?)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=512316#post512316

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
You cant.. It has to be in collaboration with the govt, and indian govt refused to participate in the OLPC project :)

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
The full-scale production of the XO-1(100$ laptop) hasn't yet begun, I believe. At any rate, it won't be available in India(as Kalpik said above). Only a handful of countries - mainly from Africa and Latin America - have agreed to buy it.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Because "it's too costly!"

And partly because we're designing our own $10 laptop. For real! :D

Price - HRD India

The Human Resource Development (HRD) Ministry of India has rejected Nicholas Negroponte's offer of $100 laptops for schoolchildren. The Ministry is planning to make laptops at $10 for schoolchildren. The two designs submitted to the ministry from a final year engineering student of Vellore Institute of Technology and a researcher from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore; have come to a estimated production cost of $47 per laptop, but they expect the price to become lower when volumes rise.[47] No technical specifications have been released.
source

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
i am sure my children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's children's will be able to get that for 10$ when made by govt of india. :)

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
tgpraveen said:
Does anyone know why our mahaan indian govt did not get involved in this gr8 project?
because our government knows that poeple need food and education not laptops which they dont know how to use.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
ECE0105 said:
100$ = 4,500 Rs. (Approx.)

U think it is possible in India?
100$ = Rs 4000. Certainly not possible.....if it even is possible Govt Sucks. Remember the poor kids are supposed to get free food and books. A**holes all their stuff and make money. How low can they get :(

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
Yes, it will happen in TamilNadu. It's not a big deal for DMK govt. to give a $100 laptop for $50, as we are getting $50 Color TV for FREE now(!!!!)

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
we have some frens in other countries like nepal who are running child welfare center..
actually thay want to buy it...
They want to make official request to provide some laptop with all documents required and proofs...if they want any....with the $175 dollars they say

but we are not getting where to make these request...

in that country some prototype has been sent ..but ..

the details is here but i didnt found where to send the request..to sent that alptop..
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/$100_laptop

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Anyways it's not $100 currently. It was #150 till it decided to support MS Starter edition and it's supposed to cost $175 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom