1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

How to burn a Linux CD from .iso file downloaded form net

Discussion in 'Open Source' started by tomjacobm, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomjacobm

tomjacobm New Member

sir
    i downloaded "KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-EN.iso" from internet so that i could burn it and make a Live CD. It is the latest version of the knoppix linix. It works only from the CD Drive(its a live CD)But I dont know how to extract this .iso file in to a CD. Please help

2. sailendra

sailendra New Member

hmm,
    You mean you want to burn the image as a cd right? That's simple, Start Nero and Select Recorder->burn image. Now select the .iso file you have downloaded. Place a blank cd-r in your cd writer. Click Burn. Now you can go ahead and test it by rebooting your pc.
    If you are using some other cd writing software, look for an option to burn a image file onto a cd. Hope that helps :)

3. lywyre

lywyre Active Member

DVD Decryptor

If you'r uncomfortable with Nero then download DVD Decryptor (< 1MB) and install. After installing DVD Decryptor, just right click the ISO file and choose 'burn with DVD Decryptor'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.