How to build GUI apps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Guys, can you tell me how to build GUI apps for WIN with a programming lang. which similar to PHP, C++

Pathik

Google Bot
GUI apps wit PHP??? :zonked:
and for c++ u can make gui apps wit any compiler...
but for ease of use try MS visual studio..

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
pathiks said:
GUI apps wit PHP??? :zonked:
and for c++ u can make gui apps wit any compiler...
but for ease of use try MS visual studio..
It mean whose programming syntax is somewhat similar to PHP, C++

sakumar79

Technomancer
Java has swing and awt classes that allow easy creation of GUI apps... Learning Java will always be an asset and if you already know C++, it will be reasonably easy to learn also...

If you want to use C++, I think you can use it with Tcl/Tk... For more info, you will have to search the net or wait for others because I have not used it personally...

Arun

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
sakumar79 said:
Java has swing and awt classes that allow easy creation of GUI apps... Learning Java will always be an asset and if you already know C++, it will be reasonably easy to learn also...

If you want to use C++, I think you can use it with Tcl/Tk... For more info, you will have to search the net or wait for others because I have not used it personally...

Arun
my frnd who is a member of this forum has developed a GUI calc in VB.
Siddharth Maheswari

sakumar79

Technomancer
VB is a easy-to-use programming language and developping GUI apps is very easy... But the syntax, etc is very different from C++... Also, for complicated calculations, VB gets a bit slow due to its interpretted nature.

Arun

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
sakumar79 said:
VB is a easy-to-use programming language and developping GUI apps is very easy... But the syntax, etc is very different from C++... Also, for complicated calculations, VB gets a bit slow due to its interpretted nature.

Arun
true. wht abt VC++?

sakumar79

Technomancer
VC++ is a good choice for programming GUI Apps in C++ - however, there are two "blackmarks" against it - It is costly and it works only in Windows... The first can be overcome by downloading Visual C++ Express Edition - a stripped down version that is available for free download on the Microsoft website... So, as long as you are not particular about cross-platform compatibility, VC++ is a viable solution...

Arun

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
sakumar79 said:
VC++ is a good choice for programming GUI Apps in C++ - however, there are two "blackmarks" against it - It is costly and it works only in Windows... The first can be overcome by downloading Visual C++ Express Edition - a stripped down version that is available for free download on the Microsoft website... So, as long as you are not particular about cross-platform compatibility, VC++ is a viable solution...

Arun
costly?? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom