How to bring the power of opera to firefox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I am using Firefox on Ubuntu 7.10. Unfortunately, opera cannot view many websites and for that I used IE7.0 in Windows XP. But in ubuntu, I want to use Firefox because it is more compatible and opera has problems. Opera looks ugly in Ubuntu and even the text is very small and blurry. The toolbars are also wierd. Is there a fix for this? But I want those special feature of Opera. I got extensions for few features. In case there are better ones please tell me.
1. Opera's trash can to reopen any of the tabs closed in the current session. I got this through Tab Mix Plus extension.
2. Reopen previous tabs when starting firefox. I got it through the above extension.
3. I want to search using the adressbar. For ex "i <search expression>" searches in Google Images and "w ..." searches in wikipedia etc. It should be configurable. Edit: I got searchwords 0.3 extension to do this.
4. Better download manager.
5. Side panel like opera for quick access to various sections like history, downloads, notes etc.
6. Opera quick dial access on empty tabs for quickly going to favorite sites.
7. Good status bar which shows speed, number of images download/total etc like in opera.

Last edited:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Before I begin... I haven't used Opera before.

1,2 & 3 issue resolved.

4 - DownThemAll!
*addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/201

5. I don't know how to do this.

6 - Speed Dial
*addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4810

7. Extended Statusbar
*addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1433

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom