how to beat viruses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
If you want to avoid getting infected with virus while downloading from the internet, you just change the extention of the file at the download dialogue. At the download dialogue we are presented with a screen showing where to save the downloaded file, at that point, there will be an arrow where you can change "zipe file", "application files" to "all files". Give an extension like zipex. when you want to use the file, download it to your computer, which I suppose is not infected, and change the extension to exe or zip. I have found that viruses are programmed to affect certain types of files only. Of course I am assuming that you will download files from trusted sources only. This tips has saved me from many potential viruses.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Hmmm.....r u sure it will work for most of the viruses?Coz the files are already infected by the virus so how can renaming the extension help?Plz explain..

phatratt

In the zone
i don't think it will work on all virus,better solution,avoid downloading from a insecure site or if u are not well aware with what you are downloading.Prevention is better than cure:)

OP
R

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Recently our ofice pc was infected with some kind of virus which used to affect exe files. All the exe files were altered and their size drastically reduced. We had Norton installed, but still this problem persisted. Only vcleaner from grisoft(avg virus) was able to fix this virus. But in the meantime I adopted the above method for securely downloading exe files without affecting. This practically worked for me. But I am not sure whether each and every virus will be prevented. Even Anti virus programmes are not able to clear all viruses.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
want no virus or spyware use linux.no virus without antivirus LoL:D
read this link
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3647

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom