how to beat the firewall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gambit

Broken In
I've got a net connection in my office but they've also got a firewall which doesn't allow me to surf all the sites. Now I've discovered that I can only surf those sites which don't have such words as games, email, chat, dating, etc.... Now could ne one suggest such a website which would allow me to play small java games which r not detected by the firewall?

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
In all probability even if you did manage to find such sites it will be blocked pretty quickly in your work place. However there are other means to do this. It isnt illegal. There are http tunneling softwares which will enable you to have access to all such sites.

Have a look at this link:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12967

It has all the details one would need for this. Hope it helps.

digen

Youngling
Hmm Before taking a look over that thread & carrying out stuff given over there I would suggest you talk with the network administrator & work things out.

Cause imho if you cant access stuff then it might be the clear case of company policies or restrictions imposed upon purpose.
I'm not sure myself of the legalities or the correctness of bypassing firewall using various tunneling so dont count me on this but check with someone with legal knowledge on this.All these cnsiderations have to be taken since you mentioned its a Workplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom