How to backup address in phonebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
I have SE z550i and I would like to backup the contacts in my phonebook to my PC just in case.. I have sony ericssson pc suite, but do not know how to use it. I used the wizard to synchronise the device (handset & my laptop) via bluetooth.

I used the option in the phone to send the contacts via bluetooth to my computer. A file (~2MB) by the name ***.vcf, a V card file or something got transferred. when I cliked to open it MS outlook opened. I have no idea how to look for the various contacts and their details in outlook or anyother way.

Please help/guide.

OP
Sridhar_Rao

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
It did open in notepad, but not in a manner that anyone can understand. This is how it looks in notepad:

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:;a
TEL;CELL:*100#
EMAIL;INTERNET;PREF:
EMAIL;INTERNET:
EMAIL;INTERNET:
X-IRMC-LUID:00020000000E
END:VCARD
N:Info;Account
TEL;CELL:222
EMAIL;INTERNET;PREF:
EMAIL;INTERNET:
EMAIL;INTERNET:
X-IRMC-LUID:000200000002
TEL;CELL:9448142049
EMAIL;INTERNET;PREF:
EMAIL;INTERNET:
EMAIL;INTERNET:
X-IRMC-LUID:000200000024

OP
Sridhar_Rao

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
What is that and where is it available, is it a freeware? Can I use SE PC suite or outlook express, if so how?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Sridhar_Rao said:
What is that and where is it available, is it a freeware? Can I use SE PC suite or outlook express, if so how?
yes u can use pc suite. it syncs wid outlook. however myphoneexplorer is free and easier than anything!!

get it at: *www.fjsoft.at/en/

dtox

The Techno Perv
try myphoneexplorer.. its free and easy to use..no need of synchronising with outlook n stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom