how to automatically start the pc for video recording?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsmsikar

Journeyman
hi
how to automatically start the pc for video recording?

i want to how can i automatically start a pc in which i want to start the recording of videography done by a video camera connected to the pc using a tv tuner card or video input card ?

the problem is
i have the pc installed in my house with a tv tuner card installed and i hava a Video Camera installed in my shop , and i want to start the pc and recording from my shop without going to the pc and starting the pc and recording manually...

i have a modem installed and a didicated telephone line given to the PC ///

can i start the pc with the telephone line connected to the modem?
and then how to automatically start the recording?

please help me...

thanks

Sourabh

Laptoping
well forget abt the automated starting of pc

just tell me how wod u connect the camera to ur pc??

via wire or bluetooth??

:shock:

man the post is al messy and crappy

read it again and be systemmatic in posting something

damn!!

beaditya

Journeyman
i dnt think yr pc can start automatically...................but u can schedule the recording task if u have a recorder for the camera u have installed on yr pc

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Sourabh said:
well forget abt the automated starting of pc

just tell me how wod u connect the camera to ur pc??

via wire or bluetooth??

damn!!

Aghrrr :x Now U Read The Post Carefully.....Its Clearly Mentioned That He has connected The Video Camera to His Video Card Or His Tv Tuner Card :twisted: and It Will definetly Be Connected To this Card Via The Cables Supplied Ok (Gsmsikar correct Me If i am Wrong Mate) ..... Sheez

Btw @ Gsmsikar Pc Starting Up automatically Is not Possible As When The Power Is Shut off U cant Program it To auto Start,as Pc Cant On Itself Start The Power By Pusing The Power Button :wink: But If Possible U can Keep The Cpu on and As Beaditya Said Schedule Ur Task For Recorindg. 8)

VD17

Journeyman
well, no the PC cant power up if the AC mains are off. but if the power is maintained to the CPU, a BIOS setting can be configured to start the PC as and when required. Alternatively, some BIOSes have the "WAKE UP ON EXT. MODEM" option... you can use that... if you dial in then the PC will boot up.
as for the recording, you can launch the recording software at startup by making some registry edits. but then how to start the recording via that software is not something i can help you with since i'm not familiar with any video recording software. btw, i [and most other ppl. here too] can post the procedure to make that software launch at startup, if you need.

OP
gsmsikar

gsmsikar

Journeyman
thanks all for replying...

i am writing in details about my needs in points but my illustration in English is not so good......

AUTOMATIC STARTING OF PC
is there any way we can start the pc which is an ATX supplied powered, like if we leave the pc OFF and it can be started without having to switch the power ON ,
we dont have to switch the power ON of the pc but it can be started with the help of a function in the bios ( like Wake On Lan) which can be ignited with the help of a telephone line in ( i have read about it somewhere, but missed it) ? is that possible ?

Connection of Camera

as i have said i have a video camera like Sony Handycam or Close Circuit Cameras which have only Audio/Video Output from them..
so @allwyndlima said that it can be only connected with a VIDEO CARD or TV TUNER CARD ,
so in the market i tried there is no such video card available , there is only TV TUNER CARD but the quality of recording is not so good...

so can anyone tell me about these VIDEO CARDS?

and we will have to connect it with wire only but is there any USB solution like (USB to Video in converter) through which i can input the AV directly to the USB converter and that to the PC? i got this product link but is that available in India? and is that good quality for recording video and audio?

*www.bafo.com/bafo/productslists.asp?foproduct_id=847

thanks

i have tried to explain but plz understand my English..

Sourabh

Laptoping
huh at allywn..

whts teh distance between the pc and the cam?

from wht it seems they arent very close to each other

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Ok Well Looks Like even I Misunderstood U Gsmsikar.....Thought That U Already Had a Video Card Or A Tv Tuner Card.....Well Since U Plan On One And When U say U HAve A/V Cables Then A Pinnacle Tv Tuner Is Most Discussed Cards Now-a-days.....As For Video Card U Can Opt For any card That has a S-Video Or Composite Input....Try Ur Card Query In Our Hardware Section Mate....u'll Definetly Find The needful There :)
As For The Pc Starting Thingy,Still Workin On It....Will Let Ya Know as soon as Possible 8)

@Sourabh Plzz Tell Me Whats Up With The Distance thing :shock:
Whatta U Gonna Do With That??? :roll:

OP
gsmsikar

gsmsikar

Journeyman
the distance is between 100 Feet and the camera is located after 3 rooms
from the PC...

Sourabh said:
huh at allywn..

whts teh distance between the pc and the cam?

from wht it seems they arent very close to each other

OP
gsmsikar

gsmsikar

Journeyman
allwyndlima said:
Ok Well Looks Like even I Misunderstood U Gsmsikar.....Thought That U Already Had a Video Card Or A Tv Tuner Card.....Well Since U Plan On One And When U say U HAve A/V Cables Then A Pinnacle Tv Tuner Is Most Discussed Cards Now-a-days.....As For Video Card U Can Opt For any card That has a S-Video Or Composite Input....Try Ur Card Query In Our Hardware Section Mate....u'll Definetly Find The needful There :)
As For The Pc Starting Thingy,Still Workin On It....Will Let Ya Know as soon as Possible 8)

@Sourabh Plzz Tell Me Whats Up With The Distance thing :shock:
Whatta U Gonna Do With That??? :roll:

thanks
so in ur opinion i should buy a TV TUNER card ...
what do u say about the USB to Video-in connector?

thanks
bye

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well No Need for a Usb To A/v In converter Mate......Go for The Gainward Tv2Go video Capture Card It Perfectly Supports Usb 2.0..... :D
For More Info Check This Site Out
*www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/showstory.jsp?storyid=56084

Sourabh

Laptoping
@allwyn

gsmsikar said:
the problem is
i have the pc installed in my house with a tv tuner card installed and i hava a Video Camera installed in my shop

house and shop , does this strike something?? :?

i just wanted to knw how wod he connect the two thingies in separate places

so asked abt the distance between them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom