HOW TO ATTACH WOOFERS FOR CARS TO PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
A cars Subwoofer is no differet from a Speaker Subwoofer. If you have a average 2.1 Speaker then just snap off the 2.1 Subwoofer ..connect it to the cars subwoofer.
But remember you cannot Attach the subwoofer to a normal soundcard without amplifier as A Subwoofer needs Lower Frequency input.
Also if you have just stereo speakers then you can use the car subwoofer. Best alternative is arrange 2.1 Minimum speakers and try the setting .
Tell us what you did ....

adit_sen

In the zone
i am already usin my car speakers with my comp. Here's what I did. I got a 2 to 1 wire ( availale at any electronics shop) and plugged in my casette player (line in) to the output from the sound card. Then from the speaker output of my casette player, i connected them to my car speakers. been working like that for the last 4 yrs...no probs...

peace out

but deepinder, b sure to chk out da frequencies of d subwoofer. they shud match wid da output of ur soundcard's... if they dont..... it can harm ur sub!

take da help of ur car shop guy........he'll surely know wat to do

allajunaki

Journeyman
U need 4 things, really.
1. Amplifier (get a Sony Xplod Amp or Pioneer One. if ur woofer is already installed in ur car, then U should already have an AMP, take that amp with u)
2. The woofer, that u have.
3. An 12V DC Adaptor(make sure it can do it can satisfy AMPS Amperage requirement) .. U may need a 'heavy duty' one as AMPS guzzle a lot of power.
4. An enclosure made of wood, Pref. an MDF Based Enclosure, Note if ur Woofer is 'free air type' then may use a large enclosure wit necessary ventilation (so that woofer dont heat up) . If its a boxed type woofer, then u may need to get the enclosure of exact dimesions (also note if the woofer is meant to be ported or not). Not Enclosure is Not all that critical. But if u do, make sure u do it right, as an improper Enclosure may (though remote) chance that it may screw up ur Woofer, But most of the time Imporper enclosure's will only give u less than optimal output.

Note , the most important thing is the 12V adaptor/eliminator u get, as AMPS are very expensive and sensitve equipments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom