i have an 80 GB drive with the folowwing specs

c: total - 6.33GB free - 148 MB (primary partition) contains OS win 2000

the following are logical partitions under one extended partition

d: total - 14.6GB free - 658 MB
e: total - 14.6GB free - 1.27GB
f: total - 14.6GB free - 75MB
g: total - 18GB free - 3GB
two more drives for Mandrake Linux

now what i wanna do is to add some space from drive e or g to c so that i have free space in drive c.
tell me how to do this... i tried partition magic but somehow couldnt do it.. if its possible thru that pls tell me the way.

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bud the reason u cant do it coz ur c: is primary partition..where are rest of them are logical partition in ur Extended partition....plz mention what problem u get with Partition Magic...

nedun_cheran

Broken In
Dear friend it is better to back up the entire HDD and reformat and do the required size, else It may give give problem in the long run. Some day suddenly you will find missing partitions. It is my own experience.
All the best

OP
A

arijitraja

Broken In
I cannot reformat my drives as u said cos first of all i dont have any backup drive to store 70GB and i dont have the mandrake CDs which i need. moreover there are some programs whole installations are not there with me.

Regarding what saroman said, the free space being in the extended partition might be a problem but i have to do something anyhow regarding.. i just cannot work with just more than 100 MB in my C drive with 80 GB of total space..
If someone has used Partition magic, pls do let me know how o do this.. my yahoo ID is ari_dumca... will do that via that...

nedun_cheran

Broken In
Then you mave to reinstall all the programs which you have CDs. Uninstall those programs which you have CDs. And while reinstalling use G:/program files as u have 3 GB space there. This way u can save nearly 1 GB. Try this if you dont want any backup...

OP
A

arijitraja

Broken In
nedun_cheran said:
Then you mave to reinstall all the programs which you have CDs. Uninstall those programs which you have CDs. And while reinstalling use G:/program files as u have 3 GB space there. This way u can save nearly 1 GB. Try this if you dont want any backup...

this method is good but only temporary.. i will still prefer modyfyin my partitions...

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Try Acronis PartitionExpert instead of PartitionMagic. Download a trial from: *www.acronis.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom