How To Access Bsnl Data1 Wirelessly

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhutbhut

U-ME=NOTHING
Hi
I am using BSNL Dataone . I want to know whether I can setup an wireless connection, using my DataOne. I am using a Compaq Laptop but it doesn't have wireless support. So I need to work with a PCMCIA card.
So, please let me know how can I access my Data1 connection wirelesly.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
u can get a bsnl wifi modem (wifi adsl router) and get a minipci or pcmcia wifi card. this will setup a wireless dataone connection.

OP
B

bhutbhut

U-ME=NOTHING
ajayashish said:
which modem do u have... do ur laptop have a PCMCIA wireless card already
I am using Sterlite SmartAX MT882, modem provided by BSNL. I dont have PCMCIA card, but I am planning to buy one. So, I ask you for the total setup procedure.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
either change ur adsl modem to a wifi enabled one or get a wifi router wid lan input. u either need a wifi pcmcia or minipci card for the setup. get these hardware components.

OP
B

bhutbhut

U-ME=NOTHING
infra_red_dude said:
either change ur adsl modem to a wifi enabled one or get a wifi router wid lan input. u either need a wifi pcmcia or minipci card for the setup. get these hardware components.

Thanks infra_red. But please let me know that if I get one ADSL modem with WIFI enabled like type II or type IV modem from BSNL, do I need to buy an access point or that modem has that support bundled.
Waiting for your response.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
if u buy type 2 or 4 modem u can use lan and wireless both... u don;lt need any roter for that... the modem can be configured to allow interest to all those machines that are connected to it... i even heard that type 4 modem comes bundled with a WIFI PCMCIA card

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yes, u dun need any separete access point or router. i dunno abt wifi pc card being bundled. but this hardware is sufficient to setup a wireless bsnl BB connection. i myself am thinking of setting this up. but just waiting, coz i may shift to some other place in a few months after my education's complete. in that case i'll take the laptop wid me and keep a desktop at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom