how one can b tracked by IP Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
I hav heard that one can b traced by IP address i.e we can find frm where he sent those email nd all that.
How can this b done?

pro

Broken In
your service provider assigns a static IP address to your connection which does'nt change. you are also given dynamic IP address for surfing which gets assigned to a new user once you log off. static IP tracks you down. if you use annonymous surfing sites like annonymouse.com , you surf VIA their sever and as far as i know you can't be tracked down.

by the way. I have read in times of india bombay long ago that militants in kashmir vally use "dead letter" communications. they just distribute a common email id with passwords among themselves and save EACH communication in the DRAFT folder. by this way no mail is sent.... SO NO QUESCTION OF TRACKING.....

also ISP has track records of sites u surfed... and also for cybercafe... if user use annonymous site... they can ask annonymous site, to give details... b/s they send cookies to ur pc..

and they have firewall and log system also...

Best firewall is Jetico .. small and free. all protocols can be see...

pro

Broken In
if we delete cookies then.?
bty very few progress can be made if server is stationed outside India... time consuming.... delete log of firewall if you can....
also about firewall of ISP that i don't know but this method is good upto a certain point

but you always can't say.. big brother may be watching....

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
pro said:
your service provider assigns a static IP address to your connection which does'nt change. you are also given dynamic IP address for surfing which gets assigned to a new user once you log off. static IP tracks you down. if you use annonymous surfing sites like annonymouse.com , you surf VIA their sever and as far as i know you can't be tracked down.

by the way. I have read in times of india bombay long ago that militants in kashmir vally use "dead letter" communications. they just distribute a common email id with passwords among themselves and save EACH communication in the DRAFT folder. by this way no mail is sent.... SO NO QUESCTION OF TRACKING.....

Simple,and good idea!:)

hailgautam

Youngling
Go to this site, if you know a IP address the site will tell you the location of the system. Some times it gives wrong info though. Many times it keep saying that my system is in Ahemedabad, while it is you know where!!

*www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm?GetLocation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom