how much would nvidia 6600 cost is it better for average performance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crazywolf

how much would nvidia 6600 cost is better for an average performance ?

Third Eye

gooby pls
Today,there is no value of 6600,it is extreme low end card now.if you want to buy a worth card then for nvidia 7600GS.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Geforce 6600 is not extreme low end. It is simply low end and worth 3-4k I think. Buy it if you don't plan to game and can't find anything in this same range.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@gaurav_indian
the 6600GT card is ok for all games by now, but the only prob is with the upcoming games with DX10 support. In that case GF7 would bebetter even if GF7 also doesn't support DX10. cool down man..its a nice card..Was it a PCIE?

pra_2006

A S S E M B L E
ya friends u r right i have XFX 6600 GT AGP card and his perfomance is not very good , it cant pls FEAR,King KONG and Tomb raider Legend i am so much dissapointed i have buyied it last month for 8000 but now i waiting for DX10 cards

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
6600GT is a low end card and competitive geforce 7 cards aren't going to be much better. None will have Dx10 support either.

You need to get a better card, there is no second option.

Anyway 6600GT should be able to play FEAR at 10X7 Med or upto 10X7 Med-max depending upon the kind of performance you want. Don't use AA AF softshadows

Legends should run fine at 10X7 MAX no AA no AF, next gen content off

Which system do you have?

n.regmi

Broken In
what r u guys talking lol.
i have 6600 GT(see my configuration on my signature)
i played hitman blood money at 1024*768 resolution with high graphics smoothly.
right now i am playing elder scrolls IV:eek:blivilon at 1024*768 resolution with
antialiasong 2 samples , V.Sync,Bloom, All distant rendering checked on.

go_gamez

In the zone
yup..even i can play games..on my 6600gt...but with some problems..during..games like the game lags.. in between..or ..freezes in between for a 1-2 seconds...(only if i use high settings)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Ya ..guys in here r underestimating cards. 6600GT is a gr8 card is not a low nd one. It can handle all games at max/med @1024*768 nd some heavy effects like HDR,bloom,softshadows,AAhigher than2x nd AF higher than 4x all turned off. Turning off these details won't make a game look that bad either. Anyone having a 17" CRT should't need nytin more than a 6600GT. But all that matters is better future proof. U can get a more future proof 7600GS for same price nd a lil more perfomance.
SO a 6600GT has the same standard of a 7600GS as far as perfomance is concerned.
the freezing is probably due to low ram nd 512 is not just enough for gaming as with such a card one would probably opt for more texture details nd it requires more mem nd 512 MB is not just enough for than.
But in a system with a 6200 card, even 512 MB is enough for gaming as one wont set the texture details that high nd so less mem is required.

Last edited:

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
aravind_n20 said:
@gaurav_indian
the 6600GT card is ok for all games by now, but the only prob is with the upcoming games with DX10 support. In that case GF7 would bebetter even if GF7 also doesn't support DX10. cool down man..its a nice card..Was it a PCIE?
It's ok for me bcoz i am not a hardcore gamer.I usually play games like Cricket,PES,FIFA and GTA titles.And i think it can support these games for another two years.And yes its a PCI-E card.:p

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
go_gamez said:
yup..even i can play games..on my 6600gt...but with some problems..during..games like the game lags.. in between..or ..freezes in between for a 1-2 seconds...(only if i use high settings)

That's b'coz of u r processor,ram and worst 4X AGP......

go_gamez

In the zone
samrulez said:
That's b'coz of u r processor,ram and worst 4X AGP......
man i dont have much...money...so only if i add another 512 mb ddr ram ...will the performance increase...too some extent....i hate lags...!!!
will lit make any difference...??512 more ram ??
or should i use ths crap as it is...for few yrs....and buy a new PC .later ???

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Intel 2.47 is just somewhat enough for todays games. I think the 512 MB mem[nd also in single channel as doesn't support dual] is the first bottleneck nd the second comes the interface[the AGP4x] nd the third is the proc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom