How much to pay for a used IBM Thinkpad R51

Status
Not open for further replies.

renjith_varma

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I met a person who is willing to sell his IBM Thinkpad R51(1.5 yrs old). The specs are
Centrino P4, 1GB RAM, 40GB Hdd, DVD Reader+CDRW + Windows XP pro. How much is a fair deal for this laptop assuming it is in good condition. The person is quoting 17k. Is that price fine or a bit on the high side? (I need to have a genuine windows lappy)

All your advices are welcome.

Renjith

iq6886

Broken In
17k is gud for the thinkpad, coz thinkpads have much better resale value because of their build quality.. btw if u get it for 15k it would be best & even 17k is not bad at all.

gopz

In the zone
17k is gud for the thinkpad, coz thinkpads have much better resale value because of their build quality.. btw if u get it for 15k it would be best & even 17k is not bad at all.

17k for a used laptop with 40gb HDD, no DVD writer and no warranty?

Check the Acer 4315 for 22k, its built like a TANK, and has more features and comes with warranty. The processor is Celeron, but its better than the P4 which drains battery life. I am sure the performance difference between the old P4 and the new Celeron is not more than 1-2%.

Dude whoever is buying the laptop, 14-15k is the max you should pay.

OP
R

renjith_varma

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,

thanks for the advices..I bought the lappy for 15.5k. Its in really good condition. Not much used. The previous owner was a dentist.

Gopz: I dont think the Acer model you mentioned comes with genuie windows. I have to have one with genuine windows due to some technical reasons(This was the first criteria for me).

Thanks
Renjith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom