• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

How much time ur pc take to install xp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clmlbx

Technomancer
Hi Friends ,

I know how much time it take to install an os ( xp,98 and all )

but I want to what is a minimum time ?

different configuration , different time

super pc = less time


so guys pls give ur time it take to install xp and ur configuration ?

so we can figure it out what is the minimum time ( or best pc ) ?

HEY COMMON ANSWER IT

I FORGOT TO TELL MINE :-

Took around 30 mins

e4300
1 gb ddr2 ram
pata hard-disk ( seagate = 40 gb ) 5200 rpm
 
Last edited:

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
installing xp? 30 minutes.
Installing drivers, applications, configuring domain, backup policies, email clients and restoring backups? 5 hours. :-(
 

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
ilugd said:
installing xp? 30 minutes.
Installing drivers, applications, configuring domain, backup policies, email clients and restoring backups? 5 hours. :-(
This is where Norton Ghost gets me out of trouble :p Installing + Drivers + Common Apps + Setings in under 10 minutes
 
Last edited:

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
for XP installation only around .... 12-15 mins.....
with all the drivers and stuff.... around 30 mins.... :D

config :- P4 2.8 HT, 1.24 GB RAM
 

blackpearl

The Devil
ilugd said:
installing xp? 30 minutes.
Installing drivers, applications, configuring domain, backup policies, email clients and restoring backups? 5 hours. :-(

5 hrs?? How many application do you install?

Mine:

Xp + SP2 (integrated) - 20 min
Drivers + WindowBlinds + Firewall + AV + Opera - 30 min

Rest of the application, like Photoshop etc I install when I require.
Usually my PC becomes usable in 1 hr. I don't why people require so much time.
 

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Acronis true image - 6 minutes and my brand new fully loaded XP is ready.
hehe.
No that is fast, beat that...
 
OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
~Phenom~ said:
Acronis true image - 6 minutes and my brand new fully loaded XP is ready.
hehe.
No that is fast, beat that...

good but not a ghost or acronis image

just xp from cd fresh install ..

here allmost says near 20 mins

so why does my pc take so time with a good config like:-

c2d e4300
1 gb ddr2 ram
seagat pata hard-disk 40 gb ( 5200 rpm )

is this bcoz of my hard-disk .
 

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
lets see,
I install the drivers after pulling it up from the backup server. Takes about 1/2 hour
I install .net 1, .net 2, javasdk, directx etc for another 1/2 hour
Install 7zip, ashampoo burning rom, klite codec, office, filezilla ftp client, etc - 1 hour (loads of them, like vlc, typing tutors, coreldraw and pagemaker where appropriate etc)
Installing outlook 2003 and configuring for our exchange server, like 1/2 hour
Downloading the exchange offline folder - lots of time.
the use ashampoo optimizer to remove unwanted services etc and cleaning registry - 1/2 hour
I don't know why it takes 5 hours but it does.
Also i have a software called paragon magic that is free, but i don't really know how to use it.
 

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
ilugd said:
lets see,
I install the drivers after pulling it up from the backup server. Takes about 1/2 hour
I install .net 1, .net 2, javasdk, directx etc for another 1/2 hour
Install 7zip, ashampoo burning rom, klite codec, office, filezilla ftp client, etc - 1 hour (loads of them, like vlc, typing tutors, coreldraw and pagemaker where appropriate etc)
Installing outlook 2003 and configuring for our exchange server, like 1/2 hour
Downloading the exchange offline folder - lots of time.
the use ashampoo optimizer to remove unwanted services etc and cleaning registry - 1/2 hour
I don't know why it takes 5 hours but it does.
Also i have a software called paragon magic that is free, but i don't really know how to use it.

Why dont you use Softwares like Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image - why do repetitive work :confused:
 

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
installation of an OS will take more or less same time with our systems, as one may have P4 1.8 with 512MB DDR where as one may E6600 with 3/4GB ram...

but the HDD are more or less the same... !! 7200 RPM (though SATA-II is fast but not enough fast to alter the installation time by a huge margine)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom