How much reduction with articsilver 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
If I get arctic silver 5 thermal compound & apply to the core , how much temp drop will I get using intel stock heatsink?

Additionally If I install a cpu cooler such as
Scythe Infinity CPU Cooler

or
Tuniq Tower 120 Cooler

how much these coolers lower the temp if my ambient in summers remain 35-40°?

Hells_Fury

In the zone
You can never say exactly how much your temperatures will drop. Every individual case is different. But on an average I would say that just using AS5 can reduce temperatures by around 2-5 degrees and installing the Infinity might give you around a 10 degree drop.

You sure your ambient temperatures go up to 40 degrees?

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Hells_Fury said:
You sure your ambient temperatures go up to 40 degrees?

Yes Delhi becomes hell in summers, Its quite common to have 38° (mesured many times)ambient temp if AC is not on, & if the powercuts happen as regular then yes you run a risk of actually running ur comp in that high temp bcozthe comp has UPS backup for 45 mins.

10° drop by cooloing fan sound what I need, as I am now running at 52° ideal & on load it goes 65-70° the ambient right now hovers around 18-22°.

Hells_Fury

In the zone
65-70 is too much IMO. I feel the temps should not exceed 60 under any conditions. I would advise you to get the CPU cooler/AS5 ASAP.

Khimera

Broken In
You get a very good drop using Artic silver. I have two computers and in both cases, the drop was around 5 degrees for ideal and 3 degrees on load. It surely helps than having normal thermal paste. But for more temperature drops , buying a aftermarket cooler is the best bet

yogi_7272

Broken In
ranjan2001 said:
Yes Delhi becomes hell in summers, Its quite common to have 38° (mesured many times)ambient temp if AC is not on, & if the powercuts happen as regular then yes you run a risk of actually running ur comp in that high temp bcozthe comp has UPS backup for 45 mins.

10° drop by cooloing fan sound what I need, as I am now running at 52° ideal & on load it goes 65-70° the ambient right now hovers around 18-22°.

that is still too much .. even my p4 3.2 ghz is 40 /50 degress at idle/load settings .. with cooler master ultra vortex . (not great cooler )
try to change to better psu .. :)

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Do you think my PSU "Zebronics 400 watt" is generating heat, it has its own fan to throw out the heat.I am presently testing the comp overclocked at 2.8Ghz

yogi_7272

Broken In
nope . .when ur overclocking .. all u need is better cooling and very good and solid psu .. so that u dont fry up ur components ..

i am using my p4 3.2 @ 4 ghz .. but with cooler master 600w psu ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom