how much downloading speed should I get??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocker

Broken In
try Azureus... its better than utorrent... i m sayin it out of my own experience... and i get upto 210 kBps if the seeds are nearly 400 ...

floyd80

Broken In
Azureus is a memory hogger whereas Utorrent is very light. I use the BSNL 500 plan. IMO it is the best for heavy downloading. As 4 connecting to 400 peers not necessary you just need to be on the right site. I have seen my connection max out with just 3-5 seeders. Just send me you mail id i'll get you started with a private sites. I use the seedboxes which cost between 20$-120$ depending on specs on only some hard seed sites and where the other ways of fooling the tracker there by adjusting the ration do not work. There are some sites where about 80% of the users have seedboxes which means if you are just connected two 2of them you will max out your connections.

Seedboxes are dedicated servers which are used for seeding and also are used by uploaders for uploading on the big torrent sites. The seedboxes cost a lot of money depeding on bandwidth, usage and HD capcity. Most of the famous dedicated server companies are located in Holland far from the preying eyes of the MPAA and other watchdogs. Seedboxes maybe linux based or windows again linux boxes are cheaper. For more info just google vectoral or leaseweb to get and idea of the boxes. To give you an idea of the speeds you can download at speeds of 8-9MBps lets say 4.3 gig DVD in 5mins or less and upload close to 6-7Mbps. Its because the owner of these sites use these servers that we get those speeds. All the money that you donate goes towards server costs.

Last edited:

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
floyd80 said:
Azureus is a memory hogger whereas Utorrent is very light. I use the BSNL 500 plan. IMO it is the best for heavy downloading. As 4 connecting to 400 peers not necessary you just need to be on the right site. I have seen my connection max out with just 3-5 seeders. Just send me you mail id i'll get you started with a private sites. I use the seedboxes which cost between 20$-120$ depending on specs on only some hard seed sites and where the other ways of fooling the tracker there by adjusting the ration do not work. There are some sites where about 80% of the users have seedboxes which means if you are just connected two 2of them you will max out your connections.

Seedboxes are dedicated servers which are used for seeding and also are used by uploaders for uploading on the big torrent sites. The seedboxes cost a lot of money depeding on bandwidth, usage and HD capcity. Most of the famous dedicated server companies are located in Holland far from the preying eyes of the MPAA and other watchdogs. Seedboxes maybe linux based or windows again linux boxes are cheaper. For more info just google vectoral or leaseweb to get and idea of the boxes. To give you an idea of the speeds you can download at speeds of 8-9MBps lets say 4.3 gig DVD in 5mins or less and upload close to 6-7Mbps. Its because the owner of these sites use these servers that we get those speeds. All the money that you donate goes towards server costs.

mmmm correct me if I am wrong, for running a dedicated server for what ever reasons you need a very hight net connection. What speed BSNL 500 is offering and is it constant and reliable, and I am sure it isnt unlimited....

BTW I have sent u a PM as well checkout....

floyd80

Broken In
Who said I am using it with my connection I am using the server just to buff up my accounts at these sites. It impossible to get those speeds anywhere unless you happen to be in some Scandinavian country I can only view those speeds :(. In simpler words I just access the server from my connection using remote desktop or tightvnc for linux machines. This helps me maintain ratio at these sites since upload speeds are no existent with BSNL. Once month of buffing up equals 2 years usage with no ratio worries.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
^^Man this is very new to me.
And please some one clear my doubt.i am subscribed to 256 kbps unlimited from Airtel.
I get a download of say 27-33,which is normal i know.
But i still cant get the idea of these speed!my upload goes high upto 35 kbps.
I know internet is all about download and upload..so totalling this i get around say 70 kbps ,then where is my rest of the bandwidth of 256 kbps ?
How yöü understand my doubt?
So what is that 256 kbps really is for?

gowtham

Journeyman
^^^
the isps tell ur speed in BITS but in computers, we use BYTES to store date. 1 byte= 8 bits. so ur actual net speed = 256/8 = 32 bytes!

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Then how is it i get sometime both my upload and download @ 33 and above?
If its single way?
So the total sometime goes beyond 70 meaning 70x8=560? When my speed is 256.
I am just confused.
Does my upload affect my download?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom