How? Miracle ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niranjan_Naik

Right off the assembly line
How come my AMD Sempron 2500 64 BIT 746 Pin & 1400 MHz beats my friends 2.2GHz Celeron on Test Softwares? Our other specs ae almost identical. Gap is 800 MHz but still it outperforms HOW?

Technical reason would be appreciated Thnx

sakumar79

Technomancer
AMD uses a more optimized core that allows it to process commands much faster than Pentium processors of the same clock speed. That is why AMD uses a processor rating to allow users to identify the rough speed equivalent for the Intel processor. Your AMD Sempron 2500+ should roughly equal the performance of a 2.5 GHz Intel processor.

Arun

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Nowadays, clock speed is no longer the only indicator of performace. AMD has shown that its processors consistently outperform higher clocked Pentiums. Look at the rating, which will tell you the equivalent Intel processor. Even Intel has sort of ditched the clock numbers and uses numbers such as 630 for its processors.

Kniwor

Learner
Not all processors are made using same architecture...and even in processors with same architecture the performance depends on much more that clock speed/L2cache/L1 cache etc..

AMD uses a different architecture where the processor is configured to execute more instructions per clock cycle than intel...so it is better in that way..
AMD uses exclusive cache whereas intel use inclusive..

Let me try to explain

consider some huge number of ppl to be taken from 1 place to other...we have a ferrari and BMW...
ferrari is faster (INTEL)
but BMW will do the task more efficiently...because it can carry more ppl per round..
so now u understand why that happens...

Kniwor

Learner
sorry for double posting.....

Have u ever wondered why 2.2 P4 is much much faster than 2.2celeron...
or why 2.2 Athlon 64 beats the shit out of 2.2 sempron (same L2 cache/socket etc...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom