how many user account's can be created in xp???(maxmium)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajas700

Youngling
how many user account's can be created in xp???(maxmium).And how many application can be runned opened in xp????(At a time).

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Well I think it depends on your PC. You can create as many user accounts as your harddisk space aloows you and you can run as many programs as your well whole PC allows (speed is a factor so is RAM)

OP
R

rajas700

Youngling
sujithtom said:
Well I think it depends on your PC. You can create as many user accounts as your harddisk space aloows you and you can run as many programs as your well whole PC allows (speed is a factor so is RAM)

U r wrong only limited application can be runned.I think 172 appication's.Since i don't know the exact thing so i need it.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
if fast user switching is enabled then i think it will depend on your system's RAM since every profile will be on RAM(unless u log-off)
if its disabled then it can be anything(or it can be 172 as u think!)

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
How come the application is limited to 172??? Why is there that limitation if the computer has the power to run more? Does it mean tht Win XP will not take full advantage of powerful computers???

abhinavrakesh

Broken In
Your Answare

If you Craete a User Account it Occupies 3 MB of Space on your Harddisk so you can create 3 X 1024 X 40 = 122880 Users in Windows Xp Provided you have 43 GB harddisk 43 because 3 GB for windows XP and Some Programs.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
Re: Your Answare

abhinavrakesh said:
If you Craete a User Account it Occupies 3 MB of Space on your Harddisk so you can create 3 X 1024 X 40 = 122880 Users in Windows Xp Provided you have 43 GB harddisk 43 because 3 GB for windows XP and Some Programs.

so that means the no of user created remains unlimited as long as we have space on HDD ... is it ?? :?:

Netjunkie

In the zone
Re: Your Answare

abhinavrakesh said:

Are you sure each account occupies only 3 MB?

Where did you get this info?

abhinavrakesh

Broken In
Here is Your Answer

I created a user account with default settings and files and i created user about 20 to 25 times and always it shows 3 MB at default settings and files so 3 MB is tested by me only but it's true you can create a user account and have a look at the space occupied by the user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom