how many of u recommend grey-market buying of digicams...etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddragon

In the zone
as the title says ...

how many of u recommend grey-market buying of electronics goods such as digital cameras or like that ?
we all know the price there is cheaper but the cost many be of quality/guaranty so what will be your opinion ................u will go to grey market 8) or showrooms such as sonyworld
before spending +-20k ? :?: [/b]

Kniwor

Learner
i got a 20k camera from grey market for 11k...

now if u are not a dumbass u can figure out what is original and what is not... i would not like to pay double the money just for warranty.. when i know the product is same....

so u have to look at the difference and then decide

OP
R

reddragon

In the zone
11k for 20k cam...wow thats great ........so you recommend for grey market buying...........so 1 vote for grey market anyone else ?

Kniwor

Learner
i dont think ur question makes much sense to any person...
because this is a totally personal choice...
even if one has enough knowledge about technology to figure out fake/original, one might not want to get things from grey market.... so this is personal...

aadipa

Padawan
i recently got new DigiCam @ 24.5 K, same was available @ 20.5 K at grey market. But 4K for 3 years warranty is very good deal considering that camera I got is on easy finance scheme where I paid 1/3 amount down payment and remaining 2/3 in 15 post dated cheques, 0% interest.

pickster

Professional Layabout.
In grey market, even if the main product is original [i.e. The camera, etc.], the accessory can be fake. For eg., the man can provide you with fake battery, data cable, cd, mem card [fake may mean low quality], etc. So you come home after buying it, come to know the the battery su*ks, mem card ain't working, etc., you can't do anything. And if you go to the dealer, he may even not recognize you.

Kniwor

Learner
aadipa said:
i recently got new DigiCam @ 24.5 K, same was available @ 20.5 K at grey market. But 4K for 3 years warranty is very good deal considering that camera I got is on easy finance scheme where I paid 1/3 amount down payment and remaining 2/3 in 15 post dated cheques, 0% interest.

exactly... that is what i would have done... when u're spending 20k spend 4 more to get product warranty and support........

as i said... it depends...

and as far as the original question of this topic...

I DO NOT recommend it, i just got one... and said u should consider the option and see what suits you.... does not mean i am recommending it

OP
R

reddragon

In the zone
hi @aadipa can you tell me more about this ??which camera and which finance scheme it was ?( me also from 022) I want to do the same as I think ...regarding this topic your decision is best .....

aadipa

Padawan
reddragon said:
hi @aadipa can you tell me more about this ??which camera and which finance scheme it was ?( me also from 022) I want to do the same as I think ...regarding this topic your decision is best .....
I got Sony DSC-H1 (5.0MP, 12x Optical Zoom). You can get it from any Sony Authorized dealer with finance scheme, in my case it was from city finance and I got my cam from Vijay Sales.

Though I got cam on MRP, the memory card (Sony 1GB memory stick pro duo with adaptor for Memory Disk Pro interface of camera) I got from JJ Mehta @ 4K with 5 years warranty. Same card was at Vijay Sales @ 8K MRP :| and same warranty.

BTW 0% finance is available on all sony digital cams.. Check their website for details.

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
I will prefer BUying It frm Original Shop
U will egt good Warranty n services frm them ..
Though GREy market one also gives good warranty but they takes lot of time in replacing or repairing it...
Also accessories may be fake

tuxfan

Technomancer
Grey market is cheaper. The trick is to know the right person and the right shop. I have bought my DigiCam from grey market because I knew the person. If you know some reliable person only then go for grey market stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom