How is your PC? Mine inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkymonkey

Journeyman
Well guys how your PCs look like?
I mean hardware part. Post your config and pics if possible.
Here is mine.

Config.
P4 2.6C @ 3.25Ghz, watercooled
ASUS P4P800 deluxe motherboard
1GB PC 3200 Hynix ( argh...)
Mighty Geforce 6800GT 256 MB graphic card
17" LG FLATRON ( really want to change this qith 19")
2x120GB SATA ( 1 failed so its now gone for replacement).
SB LIVE 5.1
ASUS DVD ROM
ASUS CDRW
Sony FDD( argh again :p )
Creative inspire 4400 speakers
TT AQ2 watercooling system.
Custom modified server case, painted by me, made a window cut with LED fans.

now i will shut up and enjoy the pics :)
Sorry for bad quality pics, taken from 6600 camera phone.

*img57.exs.cx/img57/7885/Image661.jpg

*img57.exs.cx/img57/8209/Image662.jpg

*img57.exs.cx/img57/1605/Image663.jpg

*img57.exs.cx/img57/5194/Image664.jpg

*img54.exs.cx/img54/7333/Image660.jpg

*img54.exs.cx/img54/7885/Image661.jpg

bottle

Broken In
is that the best your 2.6c could do ? i would have thot the c series processors would oc higher on air...

OP
F

funkymonkey

Journeyman
no it can do 3.4Ghz. Everything stable at 3.4Ghz except Maya. Maya dosent like overclocked processors much. So i have to keep it at 3.25Ghz.
Well the only rather expensive part in the system is the graphic card which is brand new one. Everything else is 10 month old. There are no case decals available easily. The option is to get the car decals and cut it according to our need. I did not went into looks, i cut the side window basically for the side fan which blows air on the graphic card to keep it nice and cool. And my little cousine stuck those MONSTER words on my case after seeing it and i kept them :)

godzi_85

In the zone
wow.. dude... cool rig man...
sometimes i feel.. so degraded and so worthless and so useless and so inferior....

but nevertheless rocking pc...

DKant

In the zone
Hmmph! Big deal! I'd play Dave on it. lolz.

:p

Kidding. ;)

Nice machine!

Truly a "monster" :mrgreen:

Wow, liquid cooling system?
cool

U mean the cooling system is cool? Of course! It has to be! :p

Goddam I don't know why I'm posting such ****. Sorry all! :p
Nice system again. Loved the OC part. :D

P.S: How much did u spend on it? :)

OP
F

funkymonkey

Journeyman
in all including craphic card around 72K was spent on this PC. Its not new, the only new thing is graphic card. Rest PC will be 1 year old in Jan.
So at that time this was a high end config. I had 9800XT in here before, sold that for 25K in MAY, then painfully spent days with my backup GF3 ti200 card until last month i got 6800GT.
I am upgrading to A64 3500+ system next months and also getting 19" monitor.
Some parts used are very old, like Watercooling system is now 2 years old, My sound card is 3 years old( sblive 5.1), speakers are 2 years old.
I keep upgrading parts, i sell old parts on baazee and get myself new one. In the end I have more than deascent config all the time and in the end on 5 year cycle i end up spending less than the cost of 2 new PCs and i enjoy high end config for all 5 years :)
By the way i have kept count. Since 1996 when i got my first PC I have gone through 15 processors, 10 motherboards, 9 Hard Disks, 2 sound cards, 10 graphic cards, just 2 monitors, 5 cabinets, 2 speakers :p

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
Gr8 Looking PC . must have gr8 time impressing the girls with it ;)

got a couple of questions .

- don't the optical drives get heated as they are placed so close together with no air flow ?
- is that ur graphics card thats soooooooooo huge , just above ur pci slots
- u said u cut out the side panel to fix a fan . what is the transperant material u have placed there , plastic or glass
- i see at the bottom what looks like 1 ordinary intake fan and one with led , does keeping 1 fan behind the other help improve circulation .
- write an article abt how u got ur rig up and running with more details on ur components and costs , along with piks and send to digit so that they can publish in dec issue . will really help a lot of ppl

OP
F

funkymonkey

Journeyman
This pic below will answer most of your questions :)
The window I cut is nnow fitted with Plexiglass. And optical drives are not isolated, airflow is there, see the pic below. the partition you see is not actiually partition, there is big whole in middle for air circulation.
Took me 2 months to find all the components I wanted but now i am aware of all the sources where to get this stuff :)
Unfortunately I cannot write about it now and anyway Dec issue will almost be 80% complete by now. I have my exams comming, starting from 17th so I must study now.
I have written whole thread about this on guru3d.com forums, along with lots of articles that I have written there.
I will find and post the link of it.

*img5.exs.cx/img5/9859/Image884.jpg

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
damn man...thats one hell of a configuration and a gr8 cab...
good work done on the modding... :thumbsup:
really gr8 work dude...cant help but admire!!!
keep it up!!!!

OP
F

funkymonkey

Journeyman
KHUBBU said:
WOW !

What do u do? i mean whats ur profession.

I am a student ;)
Done diploma in computer engineering and now in 3rd year Biomedical Engineering.
PC has been my hoby for a long time now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom