how is dish tv able to do this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansraj

In the zone
Just about 10 days before i recorded few tv serials on my laptop as it has tv tuner card(RF signal input).
however today when i tried to copy ... wham... straigt came the message that the signals are protected and it cannot be copied!!!!
now i want to know how come through the rf signal input this is possible.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Can you post a screen shot please im very interested in seeing that message. Also please tell which program you use for recording.

indian_samosa

No longer here..
^^ me too... can you post a ss

Dude thats just not possible ...as the signal coming out from the STB be it RF or Composite is analogue in nature and you can feed it to your tvtuner or tv ..

sandeepk

Journeyman
It is not possible in my opinion. Dish TV does show sometimes the scroll message on channels that says something like what is mentioned in your post. Is this what you see?

OP
hansraj

hansraj

In the zone
ok guys here iam posting the screen shot as well. the software iam using is lenovo shuttle center. The video part didnt come in the background as the prt scrn feature doesnt capture the movie clip.

indian_samosa

No longer here..
ok.. need to ask you few things.
You are in India right ?

And you are using DishTV of INDIA ? Are you using a Set top box or are u directly feeding the cable from the dish to the Tuner card ? Also can we know your card make !

If you are in India and using Dishtv and feeding the RF from the STB to ur card then that message which is propping up is from the software or capturing utility itself and has nothing to do with the Dishtv.Try this instead of using DishTV RF try using the RF of ur cable connection or neighbours

Last edited:
OP
hansraj

hansraj

In the zone
ya... iam in india...... iam using dish tv set top box... i was able to record 10 days before , now iam not.... card make i cant say...
however i like u r idea of checking with the rf signals from somewhere else.

sandeepk

Journeyman
Try using other software for capturing. See what is the result. There are many freeware available. I still don't think it has anything to do with Dish TV.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Never seen this Technology before being implemented.
I think may be its got more to do with software you are using.
Try changing to one from CyberLink .Let us know of the output because we are really so excited here.

OP
hansraj

hansraj

In the zone
ya guys u r right.... the problem is with the setting in the software.... actually there is an option of delay in recieving the signal and the reproducing it on the screen. if i enable the delay the recording can be done and if i dont enable the delay option then the recording doesnt take place and that error message comes.
the error message is such that it appears as if the dish tv has blocked it somehow. but now i know that its all because of one setting.

indian_samosa

No longer here..
lol.... thats because I like samosa's and I wanted a peppy kinda funny id which is easy to recognize and remember .... i mean like "ek baar dekh le ...toh hamesha hamesha ke liye yaad rahega" I mean c'mon who wont remember a ID like indian_samosa ?? ..also i use the same id in other 2-4 forums as well ..

OP
hansraj

hansraj

In the zone
cool.... well i think keeping samosa itself will indicate that u r an indian.. i dont think any other country will have stuff like samosa,tikki,golgappa n etc etc.... lol

indian_samosa

No longer here..
Actually I coined that ID for use in Desitorrents .... and since desitorrents has all sorts of indian,pakistani,bangladeshi members ... having a ID with "indian" will make it clearer that I am from INDIA. Well thats it ..mere ID ka secret ..

Naren Parker

Broken In
hi
if i use a leadtek winpvr 2000 tv tuner card that was given a best buy award by DIGIT, will I be able to record DishTV signals..if so how shud i connect my STB to the card? will it mean that the remote control of the card is not that useful??? i mean for changing channels and stuff...just askin bcoz , in DIGIT, it was written tat it is not yet possible to implement PVR capabilities to satellite signals...hoping for a clarification...
thnks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom