How does Creative Zen Stone 1 GB fare as a gift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
i am think of gifting a Creative Zen Stone 1 GB to my brother for his b'day. esp. after seeing its price here (iPod shuffle is a bit costly, and this looks better also). can anyone tell me if the player can be used as an alternative storage device as well and how is the sound quality and blah, blah... and also if the site is good enough so that i can purchase it from there (cheaper rates are welcome) thanks.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
The player is good. I had serious issues with indiaplaza.in
I ordered a Canon Powershot for a friend of mine. The package got misplaced and the delivery was delayed. So I told him to check the parcel carefully before signing. When he received the parcel he found it a bit light. In spite of not finding any signs of tampering on the outside he opened it and found it to be empty. They investigated, apologised and got it shipped again, but it NEVER reached. Finally it took 3 months for me to get my refund. I had to threaten consumer action against them. So if you order do be careful. The tragedy is I am a platinum customer of indiaplaza. That was the last I bought from them.

Last edited:

din

Tribal Boy
Does it has a disply ? Personally I prefer a player with some display. Like song info or folder info, something like that.

If display is not a problem, it seems good. Not sure about online buying and that particular site.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
abhi.eternal said:
so how does creative zen stone fare against ipod shuffle, and should i buy it from indiaplaza?

haven't used zen yet but used iPod shuffle quite a lot,I can assure you sound quality of creative PMPs is as good as iPods if not better(no one beats Zunes though...lol).I just loved using them,they are so small and easy to use.And I guess zens will let you drag and drop files to it whihc is s huge huge advantage over iPods.

goobimama

 Macboy
The Zen stones should be a wonderful gift. It's a really good player and has good sound quality.

The only reasons I didn't buy it was that it doesn't have a clip to attach it to clothes and such. Also it is much bigger than the shuffle.
(A third reason shouldn't concern you cause I wanted syncing with iTunes which is obviously not what you would want).
That being said the 2k price at Indiaplaza seems to be really good and will warrant for a better buy over the shuffle...

abhi.eternal said:
no display a la iPod shuffle. but it has a folder skip option.
The iPod shuffle also has a playlist skip option...

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
How would 1 GB ddr2 800mhz ram be as a gift to ur bro?? :p
btw i wd say that u rather get a transcend tsonic 610 2gb for ur bro.. just 2k.

goobimama

 Macboy
pathiks said:
How would 1 GB ddr2 800mhz ram be as a gift to ur bro?? :p
btw i wd say that u rather get a transcend tsonic 610 2gb for ur bro.. just 2k.
Thing is, the gift may be fine. But with the music player, every time he 'looks at it' or you look at him using it, he and you are reminded that it is in fact YOURS. :D
The RAM hides inside a PC cabinet. You can't really look at 2 seconds extra performance and claim that they are yours..

casual_gamer

In the zone
Lack of fm radio is a big disadvantage of creative zen stone. My couzin has t-sonic 610 2gb, the sound quality is good but not great. maybe a better earphone can make a great difference.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Hey, I just found something. I checked out gx_saurav's link, it goes to creative india website. I then went to Store-> Online store
They have a store in rediff. As it is straight fromt he company I guess it should be reliable :)

ray|raven

Think Zen.
How abt Philips SA 1355.
*imshopping.rediff.com/pixs/productsearch/product_images/mp3_player/Philips%20SA1355.jpg
A friend of mibe bought it last week for 2.1k in bangalore.

Regards,
ray

National Market

What is your budget? If you go to SP road or National Market, you may get quite a few discounts. Bargaining is also easy here. You just need to roam around and ask a bit.

1. Transcend T-Sonic 610 mp3/wma/wav player with fm/fm-record/voice-record/noice-cancelling, etc is available for 2100 with 2 GB capacity.

2. There is a camera called JDX(perhaps made in china) which has 1 GB memory, playback of video(mp4 and wmv), jpeg, audio(m4a, mp3, wma, etc) and can record both video and audio. It has a decent sized screen and a few of my friends who bought it are really satisfied. I am not sure if it comes with a loud speaker. It comes at around Rs. 2000. If you stretch your budget, you get a much bigger screened one(4"-5") for 6500. Its SD card expandable.

3. Similar to ^^, there is a Fujitsu Camera with a large screen and all the above's capabilities, 30GB HDD, guarentee for 11,000. a good buy.

4. There is something called "Sony iPod" which is a mp4 player with loud speaker, and nokia batteries, and has 1 GB memory, which is SD card expandable. My friend who has it, says it gives a long musc playback time, and has no problems with it. I myself tested it, and found it to be excellent.

5. You can also buy Apple iPod Nanos with video support. there are also clones of them, comming at very low(2k-3k) prices. The best part of iPods is that you can install RockBox and iPod Linux softwares in them, due to which their features expand a lot.

6. Also concider Cowon products.

I gave you a breif report of my wanderings in National Market. SP Road may be much better. just ask around;)

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Just an update:
I tried to buy the Creative Stone from rediff (creative online store points to rediffshopping, vendor Creative). You cannot select the colour of your choice, so after a couple of heated emails I got my order cancelled, because they said they'll ship whatever is in stock and can't guarantee colour of my choice. Luckily they did not complete the transaction from their end.

I bought a Transcend 2 GB player which plays mp3/wma and has FM radio and voice recorder for Rs. 2650 (inclusive of all taxes) here in Mangalore. What I liked about it is its ease of use. Just plug it into your system and copy the mp3 files, no software installation, no messy drivers. No charger is provided with the set as it charges through the USB port when it is connected to your pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom