how do you strip install adobe photoshop cs2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i wanna install adobe photoshop cs2. but during the installation process it automatically installs adobe dng convertor,bridge,stock photos, imageready and a lot of other things....i wanna strip it off to just photoshop cs2. is it possible? i mean, will there be any dependency problems if those things are not installed? if it is possible to install just photoshop cs2, how do i do that (apart from removing the .msi files how do i prevent the installer from installing imageready?)

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Read following thread:

TUTORIAL: Unattended Installation of Adobe Photoshop

Its for unattended installation of Photoshop and ur problem is just opposite as u want to do attended installation :wink: and want to select components.

So read the post and do some r&d with the file, like set following options to YES in stead of NO:

Code:
DisplayTypeOfInstallDlg=NO
DisplaySelectDestDirDlg=NO
DisplayCustomDlg=NO
DisplayUserInfoDlg=NO
DisplayConfirmRegDlg=NO
DisplayStartCopyDlg=NO
DisplayFinishDlg=NO

PS: I hv not tried it with Photoshop CS2, but I hope it should work with it...

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well just removing the .msi files (Bridge,stock photos etc.) but i still couldn't remove imageready. also is it necessary to install common files? i did so that i wouldn't get any compatibility problems.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well editied the .ini file and enabled the options but no effect. getting the same installation type. can't exclude imageready from installing as it is present in the same data.cab as the photoshop one. to remove it all the files should be extracted and the ones pertaining to imageready should be deleted from the cab files. anyways, it not worth spending so much time on researching for that.

just rename the stock photos,help center,bridge, common files msi files and photoshop will be installed widout these saving significant amount of disk space. as of now i did not face any operational problems widout them. but then i'm not using all the features. people can post their experiences here.

the only error i get when i launch photoshop cs2 is that the adobe updater is missing (since common files were not installed).

does anybody know how to disable the updater from being launched everytime photoshop starts? i couldn't find any key in the registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom