How do you know if a CD has been burnt or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fortebuster

Broken In
I want to know how you can find tshis out WITHOUT putting it in a CD Drive. Like my friend just looks at the Optical surface, and he knows wether it' been burnt or not. Is there a mark or something there?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
there is some special diff between burned disc & blank.try comparing a blank cd & a fully cd burned by u.i hope u will get the diff

gaurav21r

Journeyman
Yea... if you see your cd in some light..you'll be able to see a clear dark circle, concentric with the outer rim nd the hole inside, the dark disc is basically an indication of the amount of data burnt on the cd, but its diff to distinguish b/w a completely written cd and a blank one coz a full disc has the dark layer all the way till the outer rim. So, in that case, u just gotta distinguish b/w the colour...a blank cd is lighter..................

ramprasad

In the zone
guys, to tell th etruth, it is hard to differentiate btn a completely burnt CD and an empty CD.... by seeing the darkness of the surface

Atleast, I have found it difficult to do that.....

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
It's not difficult , but with trained eyes , you can spot the difference between a burnt CD or an empty one.

champ_rock

champ_rock
hey one more thing, i was shopping at pallika bazar (pirated market in delhi)

actually i had to exchange some cds which were not working, that guy looked at the disk surface and told me that the disk had been used.. he could tell by looking at the surface that it has been used??? hows that possible, i mean some other shade difference comes if u use ur disk or what/.?

go_gamez

In the zone
its very simple.....a brand new blank disc..has a dark circle which is like on the most minimum possible circumference (in the inner side ) u can think of...and as soon as it is written ..the dark circle moves out of the area..like u can see two rims /dark circles togther in a totaly blank disc...while even if the disc is slightly written(like 1-2mb) also ..the two circles get separated ..havent u guys noticed..it i have been doin this for almost 2 yrs now ..its so easy...and it is really true and works ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom