How do u rate MANDRAKE 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

hafees

In the zone
Hi!!!

Recently i got the latest MANDRAKE 10 linux distro. If anyone 've used it tell me about it. Is it better than Redhat 9 and SuSE?

i want to know whether it supports 64 bit computing?? Do this have any good 64 bit applications?

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
Buddy i am stlee downloading it .............. :( :( hope I lay my hand on it faster.
..:: peace ::..
Jeba

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
if u r a newbie to linux and basically want to use it to watch movies and listen to music, then mandrake 10 IS the best...
it has many tools and a cool interface....it also has tools like mplayer, xmms and xine to satisfy ur need for entertainment.

for the complete package list in mandrake 10, go here, *www.mandrakelinux.com/en/10.0/features/15.php3

i dont know if the usual mandrake 10 supports 64 bit processing, but there is a separate mandrake 10 for amd 64 which also suppors 32 bit applications.
*www.mandrakesoft.com/products/10/amd64

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
As a newbie point of view I think the best distribution has to Xandrows. Those who are recently shifting from Windows to Linux will find the Xandros interface very smooth. While working in Xandros you never feel that you are out of windows.
As far as Mandrake is concerned it is also very user friendly and ofcourse my Favorite Distro!!!!!
..:: Mandrake Rulezzz ::..
Jeba

It_is_Andrew

Broken In
Well I installed MAndrake 10 on my friend pc. Cool interface.The installation was like a walk in the park ;much more user friendly installation than windows--i will say :wink:. Very well suited for a newbie in linux.
but in my friend pc the sound didn't work, he has a intel mobo??

OP
hafees

hafees

In the zone
Yeah!!!! i am impressed.
it is really great to have KDE 3.2 and gradient desktop colors etc.
no problem in detecting sound card( mine was a Creative 5.1 DE)

i love the distro

OP
hafees

hafees

In the zone
Mandarake is great. the accompanying media player can even play divx encoded movies and that too with 5.1 AC3 support.

OH!!!!!!!! Yeah!! i ve created it using their avatar editor. Good ????? :lol:

job9434

Broken In
nope man suse is the best linux distro .
mandrake has got many problems it wont let you install rpms but with yast (yet another setup program in SUSE) you can install any third party rpm . so suse rocks

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Many people are behind SuSe but I don't like it, it never behaves as normal linux where you can do everything yourself...

SuSe hides the stuff in the process of making them easy. Its not good for power user who have to use more than one distro.

Satissh S

Youngling
From all your opinions iam gonna try Debian. I now have Ubuntu, Fedora, Xandros, Suse installed. I have already had some bad experience with Mandrake. But then i was a newbie to linux world... So maybe that just fed me off.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Hello Guys. I was installing mandrake and the installition was successful. But after that a black screen appears asking for login id and pass and then i entered it it said " [chirag@localhost]

after that nothing happens. I need help. I am installing it frm digit dvd. I am installing on VMware.
Help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom