How do u differ 'Hack' & 'Crack'

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakashaka

Broken In

till now i know that ..... :eek:

1. hacking : is a technique which is used to break the password or some techniques built by the developer to steal the information stored in their storage location.

2. cracking : altering the functions of the software programs by writing some aditional altered codes..

Am i right? :D .. if wrong plz plz.. correct it... :roll:

go4inet

In the zone
Hacking is the act of penetrating computer systems to gain knowledge about the system and how it works.

Cracking ... The OS which you run now :lol:

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
prakashaka said:

till now i know that ..... :eek:

1. hacking : is a technique which is used to break the password or some techniques built by the developer to steal the information stored in their storage location.

2. cracking : altering the functions of the software programs by writing some aditional altered codes..

Am i right? :D .. if wrong plz plz.. correct it... :roll:
no buddy u totally wrong infact vinay wrong too

Read this to know what hacking means! : *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker
and *home.planet.nl/~faase009/Ha_hacker.html

and regarding cracking can be of two types!
1) a cracker is one who illegeally enters one's n/w or website by using the exploits with the soul intention of damaging or stealing. more do this for phun or purposely.....

2) the other types of cracker are the progie cracker! those who break the software protection the best example is the shareware cracks :p

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

go4inet

In the zone
i think tis is right

1. hacking : is a technique which is used to break the password or some techniques built by the developer to steal the information stored in their storage location

??

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
go4inet said:
i think tis is right

1. hacking : is a technique which is used to break the password or some techniques built by the developer to steal the information stored in their storage location

??
nope dat's called cracking ;)

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
hacking(v)-er(n), see also hack :lol: -ok a hacker is one who knows inside out of a system, its vulnerabilities its defects etc. he is a curious person, an explorer who doesnt use the vulns and exploits he has found to damage the system, but to only understand it. he is a highly knowledgeable person and doesnt like to talk about his skills or his recent "hacks". a person who keeps telling you that he/she is a hacker, IS NOT.hackers have built the internet. hackers are engineers.
the image which you have of "hackers" has been built up by the media over a period of time. and the media is senseless, as always.

cracker/cracking- not necessarily a hacker but someone who uses his "skills" to damage a system. his intention is to damage. i emphasize on "skills" cause it is not necessary that the skills are acquired. most of the "crackers" are "script kiddies" who download scripts from the net and try to find a vuln system and then pull a stupid lame prank which can be repaired.

H

h4ck3r

I agree with cooljeba ..

What cooljeba said is right and lamrinnirmal is also right guyz ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom