how do reduce items seen in right click?

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
hi,

*img410.imageshack.us/img410/4577/untitled8oo.jpg

how do i reduce the unwanted items from this list which gets bigger every day! :)

/legolas

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
You can remove the winrar, winamp, VLC items from the respective programs. Just search a bit! ;)

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
When we right-clcik on ne file/folder, many items r appeared, there r called "Context Menu Items".

U can remove unnecessary or unwanted items using Registry!

Start -> Run and type regedit and expand "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT".

Under this key u'll find:

* -> Shellex -> ContextMenuHandlers

In this key u can remove the items, which u want.

U can do the same with File, Folder, Directory, Drive, etc.

sakumar79

Technomancer
For Winrar, open Winrar and press Ctrl+S to bring up settings. Go to "Integration" tab. In the "Shell Integration" part, uncheck "Integrate Winrar into shell" to remove all winrar related items... If you want to retain them, check "Cascaded Context Menus". This will cause all the winrar options to come within a sub-menu...

Arun

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
well, thks ppl... i got rid of winamp and vlc... however when i remove the context menu as said by sakumar for winrar, it removes in all otehr right click as well.. like when i need to extract a rar file! how do i remove them from teh start menu right click alone?

/legolas

puja399

In the zone
There is a nice freeware called mmm+ (*www.hace.us-inc.com/mmmnew.shtml), its cool and u don't have to fiddle with ur registry.

Tech&ME

Banned
*img410.imageshack.us/img410/4577/untitled8oo.jpg

I also have a question,

HOW can we add an Icon to the Context Menu Items like the one you can see in the screen shot above (RED Icons)

Please tell me

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
Tech&ME, the icons came when i installed winrar 3.3 version... and as said by sakumar, when i removed it and then discovered that i needed them back for the reason i mentioned... they hav gone! :( i mean the icons.. so if u cud install winrar again, and as said by vishal gupta, if u cud locate the shllex entry alone without deleting it and see the difference with all otehr context menu handlers.. i think u shud be able to figure out... i think i am clear enuf? :-o & if i get to know i wud post!

/legolas

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Tech&Me,
If u are asking about adding an icon to winrar context-menu entries, then you can do so by choosing "Icons in context-menus" checkbox in Winrar settings dialog.
But if u want to add an icon to any context menu entry, I don't think you can. It has to be implemented by the program that creates the entry in the context-menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom